Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Cost Controller to join our Operations team in Perth CBD on either a full-time / part-time (job share) basis. This is a permanent role reporting to the Lead Project Controller for APAC.
Wood's Operations APAC (West) business delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation, and technical services to the Oil & Gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with the region's most prominent producers located in Western Australia, Northern Territory and Kazakhstan.
Your key focus will be to provide cost controls services for a Service Contract. In this role, duties may include - but are not limited to - the following: Responsibilities
- Monitoring and controlling cost activities through all phases of project life-cycle
- Supporting the implementation of project cost management programmes that provide an accurate reflection of project performance at a project and programme level
- Ensuring that cost reports are delivered on time and within the guidelines of the project controls processes and procedures
- Developing project budgets in accordance with project estimate and CBS
- Producing updates to project cost forecasts
- Issuing project change orders / variations in accordance with Management of Change procedure.
- Liaise with project management, project planning, and others as required to ensure accuracy in project cost phasing and forecasting.
- Liaise with procurement, finance and time-capture functions, and third parties as required, to ensure accurate and timely capture of procurement, materials, subcontract and labour man-hour costs.
- Ensure costs are allocated accurately in accordance with approved project CBS
- Assess and communicate cost and schedule impact of change notifications
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive on-site gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs. Skills / Qualifications Please note you must be an Australian citizen or currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) and able to work lawfully in Australia without company sponsorship.
To successfully be shortlisted in this role, we are looking for an individual who has worked previous on large-scale oil & gas and brownfields projects, ideally through an engineering company. You will also have:
- 7+ years' experience as a Senior Cost Controller
- Degree in relevant technical or business discipline or can be substituted by suitable industry experience.
- Experience of Brownfields projects will be considered advantageous
- Knowledge of design and implementation of projects in the oil and gas industry, preferably in both onshore and offshore environment
- Proficiency with industry standard software including Microsoft Excel and cost control programmes
- Demonstrated experience with Earned Value Management
It takes an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds to unlock solutions to tomorrows most critical challenges. Wood encourages applications from Women and First Nations Peoples to apply.
Shortlisting will commence immediately. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.