Are you passionate about making an impact to our next generation of Climate Technologies? Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy technology company? Join our Climate Technology Solutions Team!
At Baker Hughes our purpose is clear. We take energy forward making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Our Climate technology solutions team focuses on bringing innovative clean technology to the energy and industrial space to accelerate our energy transition journey. Bringing Technology to life
You will provide technical leadership for the assigned New Product Development programs, with specific focus on Hydrogen production technology. Systems thinking mindset, ability to interface to multiple stakeholders and challenge the status quo, affinity for seeing the big picture are among the key traits for succeeding in the role. You will report to the CTS Systems and Technology Engineering Leader, while being part of the Systems Engineering community of IET
As a Senior Systems Engineer - Climate Technology Solutions, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Defining the goal, scope and outcome of assigned programs.
- Understanding, documenting, and reviewing technical scope, System requirements and architecture.
- Ensuring all requirements are captured and flowed down to the respective executional teams in the Work Breakdown Structure.
- Working with allocated project team to deliver the required systems engineering scope, as a technical lead and interface with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Creating initial feasibility analysis, conceptual designs, concepts of operations, conducting trade-off analysis for scaling up to demo/commercial scale systems.
- Taking ownership of Systems Engineering design, FMEA, HAZOP, Technical Qualification and other relevant Engineering processes/analysis.
- Planning and Executing system level Verification and validation planning /activities, providing assurance that the overall system design meets the system requirements.
- Ensuring and inspiring compliance to IP protection and HSE culture. Play an active role in the System Engineering Office
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a BSc. or MSc. in engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Have proven experience in Engineering projects/programs within hydrogen production industry/market
- Have expertise in developing systems requirements, architecture design, system level verification and validation.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Have very good collaboration skills and ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders.
- Be open to innovative ideas, ability to drive change and passionate to new technologies.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.