Lead Gas Turbine Systems EngineerWould you like to lead the development process and launch of new products?Would you like to be part of a team delivering the latest technology in the Energy Industry?
Join our Systems Engineering Team and collaborate with others to build the best solutions for our business!
Our Industrial & Energy Technology Business Segment provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. We look at the development and creation of the future of energy technology products. Work with the latest innovations
The Lead Systems Engineer - Gas Turbines is responsible for Systems Engineering activities for New Product Development (NPD) programs and product life cycle support on GT turbines, including flange-to-flange, packages, and auxiliary systems
As a Gas Turbines Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Being the ultimate technical owner and design authority on the program, and prime technical interface.
Fuel your passion
- Defining and coordinate Engineering resources and activities (Engineering Work Breakdown Structure - WBS) and monitor the progress of design throughout the program lifecycle.
- Defining and maintain product functional architecture, product breakdown structure (PBS), physical architecture, system interfaces, requirements allocation, and their relevant verification and validation.
- Flowing down product requirements and identifies system and subsystem requirements.
- Ensuring the product development (PD) process is followed including any required technical reviews such as design reviews, risk reviews, manufacturability reviews, supply chain reviews.
- Reporting on program status and risk at regular intervals, perform a patents search.
- Ensuring technical regulations are met with design.
- Coordinating with procurement for the technical content of offers evaluation and suppliers selection, adopting rigorous cost analysis practice.
- Supporting new product commercial team during demand to inquiry (DTI) and ITO phase.
- Being the main technical interface for Customers for new product and relevant new technology.
- Providing timely communications to Executive Management on technical, program, organizational and resource matters.
- Remaining current with Systems Engineering state-of-the-art, promoting adoption and taking active part to company related initiatives (e.g. SEP board).
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Master's Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Energy/Chemical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited University or College.
- Have proven experience in Turbomachinery engineering or Process/Plant engineering or Technology with a strong technical background
- Demonstrate capability to execute projects or programs and interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be able to work with multi-disciplined cross-functional teams in a global matrix environment
- Show problem-solving, process improvement and analytical skills
- Have clear thinking attitude with entrepreneur's mindset.
- Have good verbal and written skills, be fluent both in English and Italian and hold an EU passport
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits About Us:
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.