Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Project Information Manager to join our client's Aberdeen project delivery team permanently.
The Project Information Manager will work as a member of the Project Management Team to promote optimised project delivery through its lifecycle. As an active and visible promoter of the use of integrated, cost-effective, and appropriate technology to facilitate core business practices, the Project Information manager provides effective communication of accurate data, documents, and information within a project environment utilising specified applications, systems technology, and tools, to deliver life cycle information by Customer requirements.
- Implement project systems and champion the project Information Management strategy, including implementation planning, delivery, management, and support to ensure project and customer requirements are met.
- Be an active participant in the Sales process, identifying the digital scope and recommending system deployments that are fit for purpose.
- Coordination and integration where required of Project Delivery Systems across all functions and disciplines, such as:
- Engineering Systems:
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Systems
- Project Delivery Systems
- Project Systems:
- Construction Management Systems
- Project Control Systems (Estimating, Planning, Cost Control, Progressing)
- Procurement Systems etc.
- Document Management Systems.
- Information Management Systems (data integration, warehousing, and handover).
- Third Party hosted systems, information technology Systems, and other enterprise systems including iM Infrastructure.
- An understanding of data handover requirements typically associated with capital projects, and an ability to translate these as they apply to engineer and design systems.
- Strong knowledge of the Engineering / Procurement / Construction / Management (EPCM) project execution process and an understanding of how systems fit within the context of this process.
- Experience in Project Systems Management, Project Data Management, and Project Document Management within a project environment is required.
- Strong knowledge of methods for data-centric execution.
- Familiarity with Agile work practices and Scrum methodology.
- Knowledge of data modelling (Class Library) and industry-standard data handover specifications (eg. CFIHOS, BIM).
- Broad working knowledge of systems related to the design, construction, and operation of energy-related capital projects, including engineering design systems, data and document management systems, and project systems (estimating, project controls, procurement, construction, commissioning systems, and information technology) with specific expertise in one or more of these disciplines.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business is preferred.
- Have strong skills with PC hardware, Windows OS, MS Office 2010 or newer, and be able to operate in a networked environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including technical writing.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.