Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Cost Estimator to join their global engineering client on a Contract basis. This role will be delivered from Wilton.
The project is a new polyhalite fertiliser mine being developed in the North East of England. It will set new standards for sustainable mining while helping to boost food production and sustainable farming practices.
- Required to produce accurate TIC cost reports as per contractual and company requirements.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of cost control for allocated package of work including; budgets, commitments, VOWD, accrual generation and forecasts for labour, sub-contract and procurement costs.
- Comfortable communicating cost data with Client and stakeholders.
- Provide input & to review Project Controls procedures such as invoicing procedure, budget and cost control procedure, accounting & invoicing procedure, change order procedure ensuring compliance with all Contractual and company requirements.
- Prepare monthly internal cost reporting such as finance statements for Management.
- Be able to communicate month end results with the Client and Management.
- Responsible for all Cost aspects of Project close-out and benchmarking.
- Required to promote good working relationships within the Project Controls Teams and other project departments and client representatives.
- Required to show commitment to and promote the clients values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- HNC or relevant experience.
- Previous cost experience, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines.
- Capable of communicating with project groups and third parties to agree standards, systems, processes to meet the project and Client requirements.
- Capable of proposing improvements/developments of systems and processes.
- Capable of identifying and providing input to Cost related improvement initiatives.
- Capable of managing a coordinated approach to resolving procedural issues in a timely manner.
- Sound IT skills, familiar with Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel etc.