Overview / Responsibilities Lead Construction Engineer (Home Office), Stockton Based
Wood Process & Energy is seeking interest from Lead Construction / Project Engineers who are interested in Home Office opportunities for a duration of 12 months on a fixed term or contract basis with potential to extend long term. The opportunity will provide C onstruction input throughout the engineering phase as we make preparations for various upcoming scopes of work.
The appointed may be allocated to one significant project or a portfolio of projects at a variety of stages. Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
W e are interested in hearing from Engineers with experience and knowledge in c onstructability, FEED, concept, CDM, development of construction strategies and input to planning across EPC Onshore Brownfield projects within the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Refinery and Renewable industries.
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Main Responsibilities:
You will also be required too:
- Prepare and review documents for approval to communicate installation sequencing, schedule timings
- Resource requirements to project management, engineering leads, procurement, construction site management
- Provide Construction Engineering in accordance with project requirements and Home Office procedures
- Input to the assessment and selection of construction contractors
- Support the Construction Manager in the development of the contracting philosophy for the project
- Review the model Site Quality Plan (refer G03-02), instructions to Contractors (refer G02-03) and other quality procedures
- Ensure contract deliverables, documents and specifications are produced to meet the needs of the project schedule
- Assist with construction deliverables to suit the project requirements
- Input progress into the Wood Document Management System
- Prepare and review for approval site safety procedures, work practices in conjunction with the HSSE Manager
- Review the project requirements, and the constructability checklist to identify critical execution issues
- Assist with the overall schedule and the construction execution plan
- Review the model Safety Plan (refer G02-04) and instructions to Contractors (refer G02-02)
- Incorporate project specific requirements as required
- Prepare and review for approval, plans, drawings, specifications, requisitions and bid summaries for all temporary facilities and construction equipment required within the scope of Wood services.
- Develop temporary facility layouts, lay-down facilities, heavy lift and transportation, and heavy load and traffic movement studies, as required by the Construction Manager.
- Assist the Construction Manager in the development of transportation, lifting schedules and classifications from early project information in conjunction with the Senior Construction Engineer and Wood procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- Prepare and review for approval project specific site procedures and work practices as necessary to meet Client requirements, a ssisting with construction feasibility and method studies.
At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences.
So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply. Expected:
- Onshore experience in a similar Construction and Project Engineering role
- Experience in Front End Engineering Design (FEED)
- Experience with Construction plans and specifications, tracking RFIs and submittal's and developing project documentation
- Construction discipline background with a Degree / HND / HNC or similar
- Experience in a Construction related position i n Electrical & Instrumentation and / or Piping & Mechanical disciplines
- EPC or EPCm experience within the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical industries
- Experience tracking and analysing cost and schedule and knowledge of Microsoft Project or Primavera preferred
- Knowledge of local labour market
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.