Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a skilled and experienced Oilfield Plant/Facilities Operator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that our oil and gas production facilities operate smoothly and efficiently. They will be required to monitor equipment, troubleshoot and fix any issues that arise, and maintain a safe working environment. The Oilfield Plant Operator will be expected to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with other operators, supervisors, and management. Location:
Runge, TX Schedule:
14x14 Rotation Other
: Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K+ Company Match , PTO/Vacation and more. All offers of employment subject to passing of drug & alcohol screening
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsibly and consistently monitors and operates the plant through a control room.
- Conducts surveillance of operating equipment and critical parameters, while keeping accurate operations logs.
- May prepare equipment for maintenance and perform maintenance and preventative inspections.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and work with others to implement changes.
- Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
- Operate and monitor oil and gas production equipment, including pumps, compressors, separators, and tank
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise with equipment or processe
- Conduct routine maintenance tasks on equipment, including oil changes, filter replacements, and other preventative maintenance task
- Monitor and maintain production levels to ensure efficient and cost-effective operation of the facility
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels of oil and gas products
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of equipment performance and maintenance activities
- Follow all safety protocols and procedures to maintain a safe working environment
- Coordinate with other operators, supervisors, and management to ensure efficient and effective operations
- Participate in training and development programs as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
- 2-5 years of experience in oilfield operations, preferably as a Plant Operator
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of oil and gas production equipment and processes
- Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with other operators, supervisors, and management
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to work flexible hours and be on-call as required
- Valid driver's license and ability to pass a background check and drug test
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in outdoor environments in various weather conditions
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs and work at heights
- Ability to work in confined spaces and wear personal protective equipment as required
#SouthTX Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.