Company: Alliance One Oilfield
Skills: Drilling Equipment
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further...we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
About Alliance One Oilfield, we are a complete equipment overhaul and recertification. Design and manufacture of drilling rig equipment.
Alliance one Oilfield was born from the merging of established oilfield supply and service companies. We amalgamated our specialties and vast experience into a single source to suit our clients' needs. This allows us to offer our clients a full supply and service centre for onshore or offshore drilling equipment as well as service for the full supply chain lifecycle needs. We bring to our clients high-value solutions built upon a solid reputation and reference lists, demonstrating our vast experience, for quality products and integrity
We look for committed, ambitious candidates with relevant experience. In return, we provide opportunities for development and progression as well as competitive benefits packages.
Alliance One Oilfield has immediate opportunities for Mechanical Field Service Engineers to work on site at drilling rigs both in shipyards and offshore, carrying out inspection and service of drilling equipment including iron roughnecks, top drives, mud pumps, and drawworks.
- Assist internal and external customers with troubleshooting of Rig Equipment (Top Drive, Catwalks, Roughnecks, Drawworks, Mud Pumps,)
- Work to achieve remote resolution to minimize impact of failures and reduce customer downtime.
- Gather and collect critical relative information pertaining to Rig Equipment failures in an effort to improve operation/maintenance processes and procedures.
- Resolve problems by clarifying issues through researching and exploring solutions and escalating unresolved problems while providing superior customer service.
- Review work packs and prepare for mobilization
- Travel to and from site via road, airline, helicopter, or boat
- Communicate effectively with customers on site
- Lead other team members as required
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and manuals
- Use cloud based work pack software to complete maintenance work orders
- Use heavy tools to strip down equipment
- Carry out visual inspection and dimensional inspection
- Use micrometers, vernier gauges and dial indicators
- Complete detailed equipment inspections and reports
- Make recommendations for reuse, repair and replacement of parts
- Communicate with shore based supervisors and managers
- Provide technical support on site
- Carry out servicing and repairs per recommendations
- Rebuild and test equipment per work packs
- Complete on-site projects independently
- Mechanical, hydraulic and electrical skills.
- OEM equipment training advantageous but not essential.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent; prefer a trade / technical school diploma.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot problems and determine the proper steps to address issues.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical Engineering
- Oil & Gas Experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Read electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Read mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Understand fundamentals of hydraulics
- Ability to understand how multiple systems work together (integrated systems)
- Ability to use test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscope, meggers, gauges
- Work well under pressure
- Professional presence and demeanor.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be a team oriented person
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to develop new ideas and work independently.
- Creative thinker, problem solver with high attention to detail
- Ability to work in the field as required, less than 10%.
- Work well under pressure