We are looking out for "Senior Technical Safety Engineer"
role for leading OFS company. Role - Senior Technical Safety Engineer Location - Abu Dhabi, UAE FPSO Modification project (Detailed Engineering & Design) 6 Months & Extendable contract Job Description:
The job requires the design safety expertise to carry out the HSE related activities for oil & gas projects. HSE Engineer will be expected to assume significant technical responsibility and help with managing the day-to-day execution of the project activities.
- To control a team including checking of deliverables prepared by other HSE Engineers within the HSE group.
- Deputizing for lead engineer where required
- Contribute to the design of engineering solutions and produce detailed designs and specifications.
- Prepare and review deliverables to meet specific project requirements including:
- Project HSE Plans
- HSE Philosophies
- Fire & Gas System Specification
- Active and Passive Fire Protection
- Fire Fighting Layouts
- Fire and Gas Detection Layouts
- Safety Key Plans
- Hazardous Area Classification Layouts
- Engineering Studies Reports (Gas Dispersion Analysis, Fire and Explosion, etc.)
- Be proficient in using software required for carrying out various HSE studies.
- Preparation of loss prevention design documents including, Firewater Systems, hydraulic calculations, fire protection layouts, safety equipment layouts, fire proofing design, F&G cause & effect diagrams, F&G detection layouts, firefighting and safety equipment specifications (including clean Gas agent), Fire Protection Design Basis, Fire & Gas Philosophies.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of various safety studies and workshops like HAZID, HAZOP, SIL etc. is essential and should be able to review 3rd party studies such as QRA, HSEIA etc.
- Manage the technical aspects of procurement of equipment and services including preparation of requisitions, technical bid evaluation, vendor data review, scope development and management.
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of engineering delivery
- Be proficient in interpreting P&IDs, Cause and Effects charts, Environmental Data, and use the information for interdisciplinary support.
- Experience of directing Management of Change (MOC) reviews
- Able to interrogate and review 3rd party HSE studies such as QRA, FERA., EERA etc. as required
- Able to perform Physical Hazard Effects (PHE) modelling using PHAST (or similar) as required.
- Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- Be proficient with UAE and international Codes and Standards, Industry Best Practice and Safety Regulations.
- Provide assistance in Manhours estimation and scheduling for project proposals.
Skills / Qualifications
If interested in this opportunity, please fill below given details as well attach your updated CV so that I can process ahead with your application:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Chemical / loss prevention / environmental
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Technical Safety in Oil & Gas Industry.
- FPSO / Offshore experience is preferred
- Experience of Concept / FEED / Detailed Design project phases
- Be able to work in a team environment and handle multiple project responsibilities.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is preferred
- Good knowledge on regulatory framework and associated legislation, international codes and standards is required
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Name as on Passport: -
- Nationality: -
- Bate of Birth (DOB): -
- Total years of experience: -
- Current Location: -
- Current Monthly salary: -
- Expected Monthly salary: -
- Notice Period: -
- Are you vaccinated, if yes how many doses and which company? :-
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.