Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Subsea Projects and Operations Engineer to join its Subsea Operations Support Group within our Consulting Division.
This role will be based in our clients office in Aberdeen with hybrid workin g available.
Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
This is a key role reporting to the Subsea Projects and Operations Manager responsible for ensuring our client conduct their year on year campaigns safely and efficiently.
The role offers a high-profile position in a highly visible and motivated team, with the exciting opportunity to be part of a significant growth group with ambitious plans .
Our Clients and Projects
It's a future for all of us . We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
Our clients range from both major and independent operators of onshore oil & gas and clean energy facilities such as carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS) and windfarms, through to suppliers, fabricators and EPC contractors. We execute projects from concept through detailed design, construction and commissioning on a world-wide basis. We our proud to be working on projects that support the energy transition journey, enabling a more sustainable future for us all.
What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across the energy sector
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Flexible benefits package ; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Support preparation and management of budgets for subsea operations ensuring phasing and forecasting
- Work with Assets to develop cost effective, integrated multi-year subsea intervention plans ensuring alignment with Asset requirements
- Identify, determine, manage and forecast outstanding work scopes to be executed
- Support the subsea supply chain from strategy and tendering through execution phases, ensuring technical quality, delivery within budget and schedule adherence
- Support the Change Control and MoEC process and develop TQs where required;
- Develop technical requirements for subsea workscopes and ensure they are correctly defined within asset plans and subsea execution programs
- Coordinate pre-campaign meetings with campaign contractor / correspondences.
- A ct as lead reviewer of related vendor documentation;
- Support and proactive ly input to Asset risk assessments/ORA's and contractor led
- Approve contractor's subsea procedures and documentation including HIRA's and site integration
- Support the methodology for any installation-based diving / ROV operations.
Ensure site rules / SIMOPS and authority to dive procedures are produced in a timely manner.
Working across the company and with specialist service providers to develop cost effective delivery for subsea operations
- Ensure subsea campaigns and diving projects are carried out safely
- Provide leadership, guidance and management of subsea activities through all project phases for ROV, Air and SAT campaigns, within Company and with contractors
- Manage diving and subsea operations and the provision of support services and personnel for scheduled and unplanned work.
- Ensure subsea and diving projects comply with current legal requirements and industry guidelines and have been benchmarked to provide value and be cost competitive
- Lead the vessel/offshore operations assurance/verification and audit process
- Manage logistics for Dive / ROV campaigns e.g. Logistics for Reps, ISSOW, etc
- Ensure offshore Reps are aware of roles, responsibilities and communication protocols
- Act as the campaign focal point for the UK Health and Safety Executive Diving Inspectorate and O E UK on diving matters
- Appoint Diving Competent Persons / Company Site Representatives to ensure the project is performed safely and in accordance with Company Diving & Subsea Safety Management System and the Diving Operations
- Assurance Checklists. Confirm OIM's of relevant assets are aware of contact points and familiar with scope
- Ensuring the subsea related regulatory requirements are adhered to; both in terms of regulatory and legislative awareness and submission of permits and consents.
- Provide offshore support as the Client Engineer on a platform or vessel
- As the Diving Responsible Person, provide subsea technical expertise and support to operations and projects and engage relevant Technical Authorities to provide appropriate assurance measures.
- Prepare, plan and support diving and subsea emergency response
- Identify and implement technology initiatives and sharing of industry good practices to improve effectiveness and efficiency of subsea activities
- Ensure inspection and intervention data is appropriately captured, recorded and distributed;
- Monitor contractor performance and seek ways to maximise contract value.
- Manage of campaign close out, wash-up and capture of lessons learned
Skills / Qualifications
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that's understandable. However, we'd still like to hear from you. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply.
- Diving/ ROV intervention knowledge preferred
- Subsea operations & design experience valuable, e.g. SPS, hardware, controls, instrumentation, pipelines & flow assurance.
- Operational risk management
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar relevant discipline (or appropriate experience in lieu of degree)
- Good communicator both written, verbal and technical.
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills.
- Provide leadership, co-ordination or guidance to others.
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and Company's systems, processes and standards
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and analytical skills due to the complex and diversified nature of the position
- Offshore medical, BOSIET and MIST certification.
- Chartered Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.