Where you fit in
Use your understanding of power markets, regulatory frameworks, industrial energy needs, and current & emerging electrical technologies to support the assessment, development & deployment of electrification solutions for the decarbonization of industry.
You will bring extensive electrical power experience in China to identify, mature and tailor commercial solutions for domestic industrial markets. Through your experience and networks in the Chinese electrical industry, and associated research communities, you will identify and leverage capabilities to support the development of electrification technologies and supply chains for global industrial applications.What's the role?
More specifically, you will be entrusted to:
What we need from you
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging electrification technologies for industrial applications.
- Screen China based start-ups and other technology focused small and medium sized companies to identify leading technologies for the development of electrification solutions.
- Lead Chinese supplier identification and supply chain set-up in support of domestic and global product delivery.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of power markets, regulatory frameworks and industrial energy needs in China.
- Support the development of CVPs and business models for electrification solutions in industrial applications for the Chinese market.
- Identify product and solution deployment opportunities in China.
- Continued commitment to deliver HSSE excellence for personnel and operations.
More about ShellAn innovative place to work
- A master's degree or higher from a leading institution in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or a related discipline with strong electrical content.
- 7 or more years of industrial experience in providing electrical power solutions.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- A passion and commitment to using your knowledge and experience to help the energy transition and decarbonization of society through economically attractive solutions.
- Knowledge of renewable power generation technologies and their typical characteristics
- Understanding of Chinese power market and regulatory framework
- Strong experience and network in the Chinese power industry and its associated research communities.
- Skills in business cases, financial management, and strategic thinking
- Experience in delivery within a matrix organization.
- Collaborative style, with a commitment to an inclusive work culture and DEI.
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.