Sr Team Lead - Reliability PACO (SIS)
The SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities and positions from existing lines of business (Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream) and central teams (PTS, Asset Management Excellence). With a broad geographical footprint, this will enable the new team to support Shell's business & assets around the world.
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell's Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes. Purpose & Function
- This role reports to the Reliability Instrumentation Technical Operations Manager within the TAO organisation.
- The main purpose of the role is to lead a team of engineers in providing quality delivery to Assets across Shell remotely in the Functional Safety/SIS lifecycle management, standardising the processes across different assets
- Manage a team of 10-12 engineers, supervising and coordinating team's activities in managing Functional Safety (FS)/SIS lifecycle as per IEC 61511 with the respective Assets, from SIFpro design to run & maintain activities.
- Develop team members competence in the area of FS/SIS and Instrumentation, coaching and mentoring to close technical and leadership gaps.
- Work together with Tech. Ops. Manager to develop and execute team's progression/development plans.
- Drive and develop standardised best practices related to FS/SIS in order to provide consistent quality delivery to Assets.
- Drive Continuous Improvements efforts for FS/SIS. Perform internal audits as per IEC standard guidelines. Support RCA/Causal Learning investigations and support MTO teams in resolving threats when required.
- Create and foster a strong team spirit. Ensure that staff have a pleasant working environment. Ensure that the teams deliver on time, with required quality control and continuous improvement.
- Assist Tech. Ops. Manager in the planning of staff utilisation and stakeholder management.
- Involvement in recruitment and onboarding activities, when required
- Ensure that billing, time-writing and expense claims are executed in a timely manner
- Support the Deployment and Capability leads in managing various activities related to TORs, Accounts, Migrations, Portfolio, Quality Assurance & Talent Development.
- Ensure that activities are executed in line with Shell's policies & standards. (Data privacy/protection, HSSE&SP, DEP, AMS processes & others).
Skills & Requirements Education & Experience:
- The Team Lead Reports to the Reliability Instrumentation IPF/SIL Tech. Ops. Manager, who in turn reports to the Asset Care General Manager.
- The Team Lead will have a team of 10-12 individual contributors under him/her.
- University Degree (preferred) Instrumentation & Control engineering or equivalent Operations & Engineering in Reliability work stream in Oil & Gas/ Petrochemicals
- At least 15 years experience in the field of Instrumentation and Control in Oil and Gas industry or similar environment.
- Sound technical knowledge and working experience in Instrumentation & Controls with working experience in field instruments (transmitters, control valves, fire&gas, analysers, pneumatics, hydraulics), control systems (DCS, IPS, local panels etc.), auxiliaries and interfaces systems (e.g. serial link cable, Modbus, Profibus, FF etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience managing Functional Safety/IPF activities is essential, with good exposure in FS/LOPA Facilitation sessions, SIF design and Run&Maintain activities. Candidates with TUV Rheinland FS Engineer certification are preferred.
- Able to manage a wide range of stakeholders at different seniority level. Experienced in leading Reliability Improvement initiatives and managing teams (either direct or indirect reports).
- Experienced in driving change in complex, multi assets/portfolio environments
- Sound understanding of business/process workflow and have a mature mindset
- Driven to coach to enhance teams' performance and capability underperformance.
- Keep the team highly motivated and energized.
- Continuously looking for improvements in simplifying work processes.
- Highly motivated to drive initiatives and manage changes.
- Ability to think strategically is an advantage.