Purpose and Accountabilities:
The PowerPlan Support Team is responsible for the run and maintain of the PowerPlan tool. They will liaise with IT and end users to ensure that maximum benefits are derived from the use of the tool. They will be responsible for the month-end activities related to Lease Accounting. The team will also be responsible for end-user queries related to the tool. Dimensions:
The role is a global role and is supporting all ERPs in Shell. Stakeholders include users from different process areas as well as on-shore people. Skills and Requirements:
The PowerPlan Support Analyst is responsible for the following activities:
- Ensure overall systems and IT support performance of the Power Plan tool.
- Escalations of incidents with the IT Support Team and the Third-party vendor
- Running of the month-end tasks in the tool
- Maintaining the Power Plan Database which includes contracts, user listings etc.
- Successful data interface from Power Plan to ERP
- Ensuring that the updated version of the tool is being used
- Ensure that the current functionality of the tool is in line with the releases and updates from the 3rd party provider.
- Respond to queries related to the Lease Accounting month end process
- Conduct end-user engagements for major updates related to the tool and the process.
- Review and update related controls document
- Liaise with Auditors (EY, FCDD, GRA) for any issues related to IFRS 16
- Ensure effective operations of the Power Plan related controls
- Assist in any project implementations related to Power Plan
- Knowledge of the IFRS 16 accounting principles
- IT literate, have experience in dealing with applications, and the confidence to navigate a new application
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively through virtual networks
- Ability to quickly develop effective working relationships with all levels of the organization, finance, and IT.
The Power Plan Support team is a new team that will compose of 3 team members. The team is created to support the IFRS16 implementation and their main responsibilities are to ensure that the Power Plan tool is working. They will support more than 2000 users of the tool across all of the ERPs.