The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities and positions from existing lines of business (Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream) and central teams (PTS, Asset Management Excellence). With a broad geographical footprint, this will enable the new team to support Shell's business & assets around the world.
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell's Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.Purpose & Accountabilities
Skills & Requirements
- Delivering the specifications for documents covering existing and new process equipment in line with agreed cost, schedule, and quality criteria. Examples of work activities may be involved as instigator, developer and/or approver.
- Assuring compliance with standards HSE guidelines & delivering the FEED and/or Detailed Design documentation in support of tenders for the Instrument discipline. Preparing datasheets required for vendor biding and reviewing quotations received from vendors.
- Procurement of any long lead or critical items
- Sizing of control valves and instrument selection as per design requirements.
- Proactive Technical Monitoring -Exception based Surveillance for early detection of threats and opportunities through structured monitoring of process and equipment
- Apply the risk assessment of SIFs via SIL classification, Safe Fault tolerance justification calculations, calculate Test Intervals, Test coverage factors.
- Review and support on HAZID, HAZOP, IPF Classification studies, F&G Mapping Studies and any other relevant studies pertaining to engineering
- IPF demand rate monitoring - Demand rate analysis & monthly reporting
- Bad actor analysis for nuisance trips based on SAP notifications.
- Prepares and implements all necessary changes in SIFPro database.
- Requirements for validation, verification and functional safety assessment
- Review and improve existing strategies and procedures in timely manner as per latest technical and maintenance requirements.
- Review, manage and approve the Plant Change Proposal from the Basis for Design (BFD), engineering design, procurement, execution and hand over to the operation team.
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- University Degree in Instrumentation & Control/Electronics & Instrumentation/Electronics/Electrical or related full-time university degree.
- Broad exposure in Operations and Maintenance, with at least 6 years relevant experience in the Control & Automation Engineering discipline and a good understanding of the Maintenance process/system in Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industry.
- Prior engineering experience is required
- Sound knowledge in Instrumentation and Controls with working experience in field instruments (including control valves), control systems (DCS, IPS, vendor local panels etc.), analyzers , hydraulic systems, auxiliaries and interfaces system (e.g., serial link cable, Modbus, Profibus, FF etc.)
- Experienced in engineering solutions and driving plant changes in an operating environment.
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions.
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial skills, and proven ability to influence change across an organization and geographies.
- Exposure to Preventive/ Corrective/breakdown maintenance and turnarounds.
- Experienced in engineering solutions, driving plant changes, and managing projects in an operating environment. FAT/SAT participation experience is an advantage.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Confidence to work in virtual environment and managing engagement across different levels of stakeholders, including senior management for day-to-day operations. Includes initiative to identify and help resolve business and technical issues within areas of responsibility.
- Sound understanding of business/process workflow and having mature mindset to deal and behave under tough/challenging situations.
- Strong proficiency in using English for both spoken and written communication, as well as using Office Communicator, Instant Messaging, Video Conferencing, Outlook, etc.
- Resilient under pressure and able to work with people of different cultures and working styles.
- Willing to travel to various operating units/sites across the globe as per requirements.
- A self-starter and reliable deliverer and able to negotiate with people, and able to resist undue influence that might otherwise compromise integrity of data quality.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds, diverse geographies, and organizational levels across diverse time zones.
- Ability to identify continuous improvements in his own work, business processes, practices etc. to create value to the organization.