What's the role?
As an IT Ops Engineer, you will:
What we need from you
- Provide high quality infrastructure support to Trading users in a highly demanding environment via communication channels such as email, phone calls, walk-ins, instant messaging and perform remote support
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues relating to hardware, network, Windows 7/10 operating system, Microsoft Office 365 and Trading related applications
- Ensure all issues are logged and take responsibility for ticket closure and timely resolution, escalating decisively where required. - Work closely with various support teams within Trading and 3rd-party Integrated Support Providers (ISPs) to meet trading users' requests and issues
- Liaise with vendors for hardware acquisitions and services, request for quotations, purchase orders and ensure deliverables are all met. - Coordinate the onboarding of new trading users in access permissioning and hardware setup, train and familiarize users with Trading setup and all IT essentials
- Plan / coordinate / physically assist on desk movement and setup computer hardware, network points, telephones and dealer phones, working closely with various vendors and ensure minimum disruption to the users. - Manage and lead small projects ensuring objectives and deadlines are met
- Coordinate smartphone purchases, replacements / loan sets, troubleshoot issues for trading environment
- Always ensure business continuity and disaster recovery readiness, participates in situation tests
- Prepare and communicate system outages and maintenance notices in clear and concise sentences. - Document and update all technical support processes and user guides
- Comply with Trading Compliance, Security IT and Shell IT policies and IRM guidelines
We are keen to speak to professionals with the following:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of desktop support experience
- Diploma or bachelor's degree in IT, CS or related field
- Experience with call-logging systems (ServiceNow)
- Excellent time management, customer-facing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good to have data analytics skills and experience in PowerApps/ PowerBi / Power Automate
- Ability to deal with business and IT management of all levels
- Ability to work in a highly pressured environment and respond effectively to urgent customer needs
- Knowledge of support processes and ITIL certification a plus
If you don't see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.Company Description
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.