The Senior Administrative Assistant will support the Senior Leaders of Veolia's Analytical Instruments product line business through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication, including high-level duties such as creating materials, preparing and sending correspondence (internal communications), organizing and supporting events, and special projects.
- Provide complex administrative support such as creating or editing presentations, creating meeting agendas, taking notes, creating organization charts, creating graphics, and managing/updating department intranet sites (such as Google sites or SharePoint sites). Proofread and edit written communications with a high degree of complexity.
- Assist with internal communications. Includes obtaining information from various Senior Leaders or departments and writing/proofreading content, preparing for distribution, gathering approvals, and sending final communications to appropriate distribution lists.
- Share announcements and communications through various platforms such as intranet sites, internal chat sites, monitors throughout the facility, etc. Use various technologies such as email, Netpresenter, Yammer, Google Sites, SharePoint, etc.
- Contribute to design work using programs such as Canva for flyers, announcements, etc.
- Assist with vendor/supplier management, including vendor onboarding, requesting Purchase Orders, managing invoices and payments, etc. Requires use of various processes and tools (such as SAP, SharePoint workflows, communications with Sourcing or other departments, etc.) and requires detailed management and follow up. Act as liaison to troubleshoot issues and ensure we are receiving and paying for services as expected.
- Organize and schedule business events/meetings at the offices or off-site. May include coordinating guests, agendas, catering, etc.
- Assist with planning and executing 2-3 larger employee events per year, such as Summer BBQ and Year End events.
- Assist with Quarterly Town Hall meetings, including scheduling, helping with slide decks, setting up equipment, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Assist in new employee onboarding and training through preparation of new hire welcome kits and communications. May include editing and compiling training documentation.
- Perform data entry functions in various database systems as needed.
- Manage employee distribution lists.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports for Senior Leaders.
- Order office supplies and other routine supplies as needed for Senior Leaders.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Handle assignments and special projects for Senior Leaders that are complex in nature where good judgment and initiative is needed.
- Work with spreadsheets in configuring data for analysis.
- Assist the Senior Leaders in collecting and consolidating business dashboards and monthly reporting metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Administration, Communication/Marketing (or related degree) or relevant coursework
- OR a High School Diploma and at least 8 years of Administrative work experience or related work experience in Communications, Marketing, etc.
Other Useful Skills and Abilities
- Excellent PC skills (such as Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and client service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software and technologies
- Strong project management skills
- Available to work overtime when necessary
- Strong project management skills
- Team player, but also able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Some experience with communication or design platforms would be a plus (such as social media, Canva, or Netpresenter)
Working Environment and Physical Demands
The working environment and physical demands described here, as well as the essential functions and responsibilities noted above, are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use:
- Computer system data terminal
- Quiet production environment utilizing Lean Manufacturing Principle
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- Hands to finger, handle, or feel small parts and tools
- Reach with hands and arms, below and above shoulder height
- Stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk and hear
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions (VWTS) is a worldwide leader in water recovery, treatment, and reuse. We design, supply, and service a range of water systems and monitoring equipment in industries ranging from pharmaceutical to food and beverage applications, and from microelectronics ultrapure water to municipal water and industrial wastewater treatment. We are one of the world's leading manufacturers of total organic carbon (TOC) analyzers and corresponding certified reference materials. Our ground-breaking endotoxin analyzer is the latest addition to our expanding analytical instruments portfolio. We strive to provide not only superior technology and design, but also outstanding quality, service, and application support. Please click here to learn more about our Analytical Instruments business.
At Veolia, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer competitive compensation and benefits that include:
- Compensation - The salary range is tied to the market for similarly benchmarked roles. The range is not an absolute, but a guide, and offers will be based on the individual candidate's knowledge, skills, experience, and market conditions, as well as internal peer equity. Depending upon all the preceding considerations for the final selected individual candidate, the offer may be lower or higher than the stated range: $25 - $31/hr
- Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity****
VWTS does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting firms. All vendors must have a current and fully executed MSA on file before submitting candidates. Any unsolicited resumes and candidate profiles will be deemed the property of VWTS, and no fee will be due.