We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet.
Together, we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all.
Our inclusive culture is the key to our success. We collaborate with our internal community of colleagues, alumni, and our valued external partners to support each other and achieve our goals. We aim to raise the bar high. We look for people who are committed to innovation and success and act with integrity to become and be a part of one of the most diverse group of experts in our industry, anywhere around the globe.
Global in outlook, local in practice - and with a united, shared passion for discovering solutions, we hire talented, driven people and support them to succeed, personally and professionally.Job Summary
The successful candidate will join the Kuala Lumpur Legal Support Center (LSC) and, under the supervision of a Supplier or Customer Contracts Team Manager and the Legal Support Center Manager, will assist with the provision of legal assistance and advice in support of operations in SLB's Middle East and Asia markets. Scope of work includes customer contracts, supplier contacts, and general legal matters relevant to a global technology company with customers in the energy industry.Location
The role is based in Kuala Lumpur (Petaling Jaya), Malaysia. The employee will be hired in Malaysia with compensation and benefits competitive within the Malaysian legal market. Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
The LSC scope of work covers contracts review and drafting (both customer and supplier contracts) as well as some general legal support, including implementation of the company's ethics and compliance program, legal knowledge management, and disputes and litigation.
Experience and Key Competencies:
- Initial duties will most likely pertain to supporting customer and supplier contract review, drafting, and negotiation.
- Other duties may include support for day-to-day legal tasks assigned by SLB's geographic Legal Counsels.
- The employee will also:
- participate in Legal Department training and development initiatives and complete all assigned trainings;
- become familiar with and use Legal Department systems and tools and contribute to the legal knowledge management systems used by the company; and
- support implementation of workflows, processes, procedures, practices, guidelines, playbooks, and templates.
- Degree in Law and bar qualification in one or more countries.
- Written and spoken language proficiency in English and Arabic.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Packages, particularly Word and Excel applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with, as well as support, effective partnerships with management, peers, and internal stake holders.
- Ability to proactively organize a heavy workload and demonstrate excellent analytical abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills and adaptability and a practical approach to problem-solving.
- Cultural sensitivity, ability to compromise, and ability to work within a team.
- Interest in continuous improvement and customer centricity, and the ability to learn and work hard.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.