Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Commercial Advisor
for our Oil & Gas Canada business in Calgary, AB
due to growth in our business.
The Commercial Advisor performs full range of commercial activities from input to proposals, preparation and negotiation of commercial models, general post award administration and contract commercial close out activities.
The Commercial Advisor will support the Commercial Lead to ensure all commercial procedures are followed, which includes the Financial Management Framework and Tender Governance Procedures.
Our team has a long history of delivering some of the biggest and most complex projects in the Canadian oilsands, along with associated pipelines and refinery infrastructure. Wood has a strong presence in energy transition supporting the rapidly growing decarbonization and renewables industry in Canada and across the globe.
Come experience a culture of innovation by pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients across Canada. Join #teamwood! Please note this role will work our standard office hybrid work schedule. Skills / Qualifications
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, or similar discipline
- 1 to 5 years experience in a similar role
- Competent in change management
- Contractual acumen and capable in developing written contractual correspondence is desirable.
Margin and profit analysis skills including capability in the development of sell rates and prices
T he Commercial Advisor must have:
- Good communication skills, with the drive to manage and deliver WOOD's core values and commercial processes and procedures in an ethical manner.
The Commercial Advisor's main deliverables and responsibilities are listed below:
- Promotes safe working practices within commercial function.
- Under supervision, provide support in the full range of commercial tasks ensuring they are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Performs pre award activities including support to the proposals team in terms of performing commercial review of tender documents, reviewing commercial proposals prior to submission for internal approval, preparing commercial qualifications and pricing notes, co-ordinating commercial and legal qualifications.
- Performs post award admin including; ensuring that the contract is handed over correctly to the project team by ensuring commercial models and scope of delivery are understood, change is captured in contract variations/amendments, and commercial administration files are established and maintained.
- Provides commercial support to a large team of project, finance and other support services to ensure contract commercial compliance
- Supports implementation of the Tender Governance Process within assigned project / sub business unit. Supports governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework within assigned project / sub business unit.
- Liaises with various internal customers with regards to commercial management, risk reviews, corporate reporting and contractual discussions.
- Assist with the negotation of Terms and Conditions with clients and suppliers.
- Liaison with various internal customers (Contract/Project Managers, Engineers) in all areas of commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution with clients. Assist to avoid any risk or commercial exposure to WOOD.
- Contribute directly to value creation and commercial gain to WOOD and Clients .
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.