Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Duties & Responsibilities Purpose
Provide a planning service to support both sales &project execution Functions
- Build detailed, robust and resource loaded project execution schedules that conform to the Oceaneering PDS process
- Build high level bid schedules to support Sales/Tendering
- Produce management reports including Progress measurement overviews from the schedule that satisfy the needs of users and clients
- Provide problem solving support to project teams in bringing a lagging schedule back on track
- Highlight problem areas and opportunities within a project schedule to project teams
- Facilitate Schedule lookahead meetings as required to support the project teams
- Engage with Oceaneering Project team to ensure relevant gate criteria are met
- Maintain multiple project schedules including weekly statusing of assigned projects with project teams
- Contribute to the development of the planning capability of OUS-R including development of standard processes and work instructions
- Work with project managers and clients to align on scheduling interfaces
- Provide support to the business as required
- Work closely with Oceaneering manufacturing, engineering and supply chain to ensure full visibility of planned work
- Attend technical and operational meetings as required
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment. Other
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- High level of user skills with Oracle Primavera P6
- Previous experience in Project Planning.
- Understanding of project life cycles
- Appreciation of project metric reporting, including project progress measurement
- Solid understanding of Project Controls
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Solid understanding of Project Controls, including producing Earned Value reports from P6.
- Good Office Suite skill-set, including knowledge of how to use pivot tables in MS Excel
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures.
- Good communicator both written and verbal.
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT
work. Closing Statement
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.