Instrumentation Engineer Would you like the opportunity to work on a wide range of technical challenges for our customers?Do you love collaborating with teams to solve complex problems?Join our cutting-edge engineering team
We devise smarter systems to control and monitor oil and gas extraction. Our subsea production systems are industry-leading. Our team are responsible for the quality of products from suppliers. We audit and monitor performance and collaborate with supplies and internal stakeholders to resolve issues and provide quality improvements and solutions.Partner with the best
In this role, you will be working in the Production Controls business and you will develop products and provide solutions to meet client deliverables in the Subsea projects portfolio. You will utilize your experience and expertise to develop subsea products to effect short-term and long-term business goals. You shall support offshore operation and workshop activities including technical documentation, investigations and solutions.
As an Instrumentation Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Engaging with relevant stakeholders developing and maintaining effective relationships/partnerships to meet project deliverables across global subsea production systems ( SPS) Engineering Teams to deliver solutions to assigned work packages.
- Generating of technical procurement specifications, parts and document suites, specific to specific to subsea Instrumentation, i.e. Wet Gas Flow Meter (WGFM), Multi-Phase Flow Meter (MPFM), Chemical Injection Metering Valve (CIMV), Acoustic Sand Detector (ASD), Electrical Flying Leads (EFLs), Pressure Temperature Sensors (PTs), and others.
- Taking ownership while working under the guidance of lead and controlled title engineers.
- Ensuring that product design conforms to the requirements specifications.
- Promoting Compliance, Quality & EHS integrity through developing succinct procedures, work instructions, product and process related documentation and creatively promote their use.
- Contributing continuously to department and site goals and objectives.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have at least Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or relevant Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrate sufficient depth of industrial experience of which some should be in directly related engineering or in a relevant technical discipline.
- Have e xperience and knowledge of direct and indirect hydraulic and electrical control systems, and electrical and hydro-mechanical product design
- Display c ompetent in applying company & industrial standards into engineering designs.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work to agreed schedules with ability to work with instrumentation suppliers to bring about OTD and evolve the product.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Occasionally working remotely from home or any other work locations with Supervisor approval
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.