Are you a Systems Engineer looking for an interesting and inspiring opportunity? Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy company? Join our Team!
At Baker Hughes our purpose is clear. We take energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We help our customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. Partner with the best
As an Upgrades Systems Engineering, you will oversee systems definition (P&ID) and process integration for all the Upgrades solutions related with the legacy products (Gas and Steam turbine, Centrifugal and reciprocating compressors...) required by the BH Service organization, as well as for the new emerging Climate Technology Solutions.
You will integrate new process/equipment design with current configuration at site, with the aim of efficiency and availability improvement and life extension of existing machines. You will cover all the milestones based on customers' contracts or foreseen by a new product development program: basic and detailed design development, verification phases, procurement goals, testing/validation accomplishments up to the site installation support. As UPG PSE Systems Engineer you will be required to develop the design also for the Electrical and Instrumentation discipline in the same context.
As an Upgrades Systems Engineering, you will be responsible for :
Fuel your passion
- System designing of auxiliaries for GT ancillaries and instruments selection for both gas turbine flange-to-flange and all related auxiliary systems.
- Attending Customer meeting including site surveys to define new supply and integrate it in existing plant and risk assessment (HazOp, LOPA, SIL etc.)
- Overseeing the technical documentation with regards to quality and time schedule issuing as per OTR jobs or NPD program's needs.
- Developing predictive system design through modeling and numerical automation (Matlab/Simulink, FlowMaster, Hysis) to foresee transient behaviors and define high level control logic.
- Interacting with several external interfaces like Customers and Suppliers demonstrating teamwork attitudes to maximize proficiency;
- Providing technical leadership to activities related with the assigned project and coordinate/control the activities performed by external engineering; being also responsible for engineering hour's budget management maximizing both internal/external productivity;
- Contributing to have a flawless execution of direct materials technical alignments with focus on the requisition milestones;
- Ensuring effective and efficient daily management and communication on field issues;
- Contributing to quality, standardization and engineering initiatives;
- Driving and broadcast the innovative ideas generation process and enhance the culture of the Design to Cost;
- Demonstrating inclusiveness, social conscience, inclination to sustain team members, ability to remain objective and stay tuned to immediate environment;
- Ensuring and inspire compliance to BH values, promote Cultural transformation and diversity, IP preservation and HSE culture;
- Contributing with technical expertise to new energy technology solutions development such as Hydrogen, CO2, CCUS and Energy storage.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a master's degree or PhD in Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace, Aeronautical or equivalent;
- Have knowledge of structural and fluid computational analysis commercial tools;
- Have a reverse engineering mind-set;
- Be able to show good problem-solving, process improvement and analytical skills along with interpersonal skill;
- Be a good team player and display good communication skills with fluency in verbal and written English;
- Be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers;
- Have previous work experience in Engineering/Technology department for the O&G and other Energy field;
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to be self-directed, highly resilient, creative and solution oriented;
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits About Us
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.