If you are an experienced Field Engineer, this is an opportunity for you to be part of a dynamic offshore team in delivering safe production and maintenance of a high performing offshore deep-water oil producing Tensioned Leg Platform (TLP).Where You Fit In
As Field Engineer, you will support the Sabah Deepwater Asset in Shell Malaysia Upstream Conventional Oil and Gas on the following dimensions:
- Malikai (MLK) Tensioned Leg Platform (TLP) Operation and Maintenance: the first TLP development (oil Production 78 KB/day, dry tree well design of up to 24 slots with Top Tension Risers, Gas Export up to 43MMscf/day, and water depth of 500 m). Production from MLK is exported in Kebabangan (KBB) Oil Hub operated by Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Company (KPOC) where it is processed then exported to Sabah Oil and Gas Terminal (SOGT) operated by PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB).
- MLK is developed with 17 dry tree wells (12 producers and 5 Water Injection wells): Malikai Phase 1 and Phase 2
- External interfaces: PETRONAS (MPM) and JV partners
As Field Engineer, you will be accountable for the following:
- Support the yearly delivery set targets from the approved Sabah Asset Business Plan which are related to Operations of Malikai TLP in Asset Integrity, HSSE Management, Production Targets, unit cost (via cadence), improvement in equipment reliability, and plant uptime/availability.
- Support the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) to address daily production related issues for the facility, under the Production Natural Team.
- Deliver results through efficient operations of driving towards Best-In-Class with respect to Asset Integrity, Risk and HSSE management, Production/GHG (Green House Gas Energy Management) Targets, operating budgets, and unit cost with respect to performance and improvement in production/operations, and people development.
You may be assigned to a specific discipline offshore to further deepen support in operations. In addition, you will also be accountable for the following, directly or through leadership of the Offshore Production Team with focus on the following:
1. Upkeep HSSE and asset/operating integrity not by delivering tasks not limited to the below:
- Ensure that the 09 Shell Life Saving Rules and 10 Process Safety Fundamentals are embedded and always complied as way of life.
- Embed safety leadership, led by example and coach the team to embed safety leader culture.
- Site support for Management Of Change. Ensure no unauthorized changes via MOC process. Ensure all mitigations in the MOCs are implemented at field and drive to improve submission quality.
- Site support for Facility Status Reporting deviations. Ensure all plant deviations are being recorded and approved in the FSR while driving the number of deviations to a minimum as possible by preventing or resolving the deviation effectively. Ensure all mitigations in the deviations are implemented at field.
- Coordinate and execute improvement for FSFS (Find small fix small)
- Instill HSSE culture by performing PTW audit, Accident Control Technic, Line of Defense 1 programs.
- Act as an event logger during safety drills or emergency incidents and stand in as Deputy Site Emergency Control (DSEC) in the absence of the DSEC. Produce safety drill report after any drill.
- Support to deliver functional asset integrity performance such as equipment reliability, zero Lost Of Containment Crude and achieve 98% or above safety critical Preventive Maintenance compliance.
- Monitor and analyze day to day alarm rates and perform alarm-bad actor analysis and follow up with relevant party to ensure alarm rate meets KPI
- Able to support frontline operations during critical activities execution (when required)
2. Support Operation requirements including initiatives
- Support day-to-day operational issues, providing immediate support for the front-line team
- Coordinate and execute improvement for F-SOS (Focused Site Ownership Scheme) program
- Coordinate and execute improvement for area operator program
- Upkeep list of audit action items and coordinate for all audit action items close out
- Support AMS (Asset Management System) implementation: Ensure Safe Production, Proactive Maintenance Equipment, Manage Threat and Opportunity etc.
- Support to achieve >90% First Line Barrier Management compliance
3. Site support to upkeep plant reliability/availability within Natural Team:
- Optimize plant operations within the operating envelope and identify any process bottleneck or improvement.
- Implement production reliability improvement initiatives for maintenance and operations
- Identify, highlight, and support implementation of best practices
- Ensure reporting of all equipment/facility trip incidents and drive for quality Root Cause Analysis and implement learnings.
- Drive for offshore MTO (mitigate threats and opportunities) process, and closure of daily threats identification.
- Close connect with Onshore Operation Engineer to attain consolidated support from the onshore Natural Team
- Working closely in the Natural Team with discipline engineers, reliability engineers, production support engineers, IAP Planners and subsurface engineers to solve frontline operational issues to keep the facility running smoothly.
- Seek and present options that is operationally practical from the discussions with the Natural Team.
4. Support readiness for Short Term Integrated Activity Planning activities including pitstop/turnaround
- Upkeep plant 'shutdown opportunity list' to ensure scopes are recorded and being carried out during shutdown opportunities, optimizing the shutdown window hence improving plant reliability/availability.
- Compilation of offshore shutdown scopes including manpower/manhours requirement, material readiness, etc.
- Support the preparation of shutdown/start up procedures, preservation plans, decontamination plans.
- Support preparation of Statement Of Fitness (if required)
5. Cost Leadership
- Seek out opportunities via cadence process, drive for cost saving/cost avoidance initiatives
6. Audit Preparation and Support
What We Need from You
- Support preparation of facility audits, health checks etc.
- At least 3 years of offshore experience from an Oil and Gas industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- BOSIET Certification will be an advantage
- Energetic and self-driven individual with a background in Operations/ Maintenance / Engineering will be a plus
- Good understanding of operations business with extensive experience in offshore production and maintenance operations will be a plus
- Strong execution capabilities in supporting and executing tedious operational requirements that adds value to the business
- Ability to promote good collaboration between offshore and onshore staff, as well as cross shift good working relationship
- Possesses sound team leadership and people management skills
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia's progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia's future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
- Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World's first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell's strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell. An Innovative Place to Work
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
- There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
- Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
- We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.