Where you fit in
To make Shell a preferred business partner by adding value to our Indirect Channel Partners- Distributor(s) with a partnership and process driven approach, to ensure alignment to Shell goals, strategies and practices, and distributors' capability to deliver Shell CVP's to our preferred customer segments & develop new opportunities. This role aims to deliver Sales Targets, Marketing Implementations and Operational KPI's by utilizing Shell CVP's and Sales in managing Indirect Channel Partners- distributor(s).What's the role?
The ICAM will be a professional consultant to deliver through business partners, distributors and to deliver profitable performance and sustain growth for both Shell and the Channel business partner -Distributors. The accountabilities will include:
What we need from you
- Implement and maintain a sustainable Channel business Partner-Distributor network that complies with the Route to Market strategy (Profile, Contract, Resources, Legal, Finance etc.).
- Select, Recruit, Onboard as well as Terminate Channel business partners according to the Route to Market plan.
- Demonstrate leadership & deliver-through other skills.
- Implement, monitor and achieve sales targets using Global Lubricants Indirect Channel process and tools (e.g. Shell Lubricants Distributor Value Proposition-DVP) and Global CVPs.
- Contribute to the Indirect Channel performance:
- Financial performance indicators: Volume, Proceed, Margin (overall & premium), Credit KPIs and Controllable Costs
- Sales Productivity performance indicators: Business Plan quality and CPT (Coverage/ Penetration/ Through put), SPANCOP, Distributor Sales Excellence (DSE), and financial performance per Distributor.
- Act as business consultant, to efficiently manage business relationship with the Distributor and to audit/improve financial performance.
- Provide support to Distributors where appropriate. Engage supporting functions in Shell that could help at delivering customer promise.
- Deliver agreed marketing programs and materials through distributors through a range of cross-sell, up-sell, and value-selling activities.
- Ensure the alignment in goal, capability, business focus and capital resources to maximize Shell business and agree a multi-years Business Plan that is fully aligned with Shell Marketing strategy and targets. Drive & monitor the activities plan that will deliver profitable performance and sustain business for both Shell and Distributors.
- Ensure the Distributor monitors resources allocation and performance against terms and conditions.
- Ensure that the Distributor recruits, develops motivates and retains sales force that delivers sustainable performance and provide appropriate support.
- Assess Distributors staff core competencies and arrange training and coaching action plan.
- Coach, Monitor and support implementation of distributor sales processes.
- Deliver training to Distributor Sales team on Shell products, Valued selling, Shell CVP, SPANCOP, Selling Skills.
- Review and identify distributor capability assessment and co-develop actions on gap closure.
- Ensure Internal alignment between Sales, Marketing and RTM team, understanding of roles and accountabilities, getting adequate support from the team, and developing fit for purpose implementation programs.
- Ensure linkages with Marketing team by implementing Marketing Plan (CVP, Pricing, Brand, Digital programs & Communications campaigns) and by monitoring and reporting market trends and competition initiatives, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all Support Functions to assist sales in resolving complex issues and improve Distributor and Customers satisfaction.
- Be responsible and proactive in HSSE issues that affect individual, the office/field environment, and Distributors.
We hope to see the following in your CV:
If you don't see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.Company Description
- Bachelors degree preferably in Engineering, Science, Chemical courses.
- Distributor management - Previous Distributor or Indirect Channel Management experience is a must.
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant experience with indirect B2B Sales with proven success in developing profitable business.
- Must have strong Customer Relationship Management.
- Able to drive passenger car and must have a valid driving license.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce & Power BI is desirable.
- Knowledge of Lubricants business is preferable and Marketing background is desirable.
- Candidates with experience in the Manufacturing, Lubricant, Industrial and Automotive industries are highly encouraged to apply.
- Strong strategic thinking and commercial mindset and able to demonstrate leadership in delivering through others.
- Stakeholder management - ability to manage complex organization, external & internal (from high level to operation level).
- People skills , able to build trust and constructive relationships with Distributors/Demonstrated and ability to provide consultation to distributor(s).
- Good working knowledge of the customers operation and financials and awareness of specialist sources of information.
- Excellent communication skills in both Thai and English.
- Willing to travel within Thailand (25-35%).
Shell's presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand. The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand. For more than 120 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country's developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.