To ensure we are Powering Progress
and thrive through the Energy Transition
, the Renewables & Energy Solutions (R&ES)
businesses are developing quickly and are actively pursuing many strategic opportunities and projects across the globe to help Shell move to a leading renewables position by 2030. The ambitions are significant amidst a dynamic and competitive environment, where we are seeking ~10% in returns as indicated to the markets. Realizing these ambitions is seen as critical to secure Shell's position and transformation today and in the years to come.
The purpose of this role is to embed enhanced supply chain development capability for R&ES business categories (solar, batteries, wind turbines, balance of plant for wind) and to continue to shape and deliver on the identified Bold Moves for mentioned category(s), together our Portfolio Companies.Dimensions
The successful candidate will be a member of the supply chain development team and will be integrating Category Management
scope for the emerging and high third party spend.
Shaping and leading the one of the categories (batteries, balance of plant, wind turbines, floating wind) is the core objective: embedding end-to-end supply chain thinking, category strategies, partnerships, regional & global deals, and market intelligence.
A key aspect of the role is to work flawlessly together with Category Management Strategic Sourcing
(CMSS), as Category management is one of the key commercial supply chain levers to pull and has a proven track record to significantly contribute to our ambition to deliver the most competitive and sustainable supply chains. The aim is to strike the best enterprise-wide deals and partnerships for managed category with key regional and global suppliers, and drive teamwork between supply chain, technical and commercial teams.
In SC R&ES, we believe in an open and fully inclusive culture and safe work environment where we can thrive, innovate, and develop; but most of all, be yourself.Requirements
- Preference for a strong supply chain professional with High Capacity and a solid performance history
- Understanding of renewables supply chains
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in developing, negotiating, and implementing supply chain strategy across projects and businesses
- BS/BA/MA and 5+ years' experience in contracting, commercial or engineering roles with passion for strategy development, category management, commercial deal-making
- Strong commercial mindset and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal / stakeholder management skills
- Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
- Fast learner; adapts quickly to the changing business environment
- Passion for seeking innovative solutions and new ways of working
- Category management and market reports creation experience would be a plus