Where you fit in
Digital & Data Upstream Analyst will be going through an exciting change journey with the movement to cloud via Open Subsurface Data Universe (OSDU) towards a fully data-centric world. You are part of a team developing data strategies to help drive that change and executing strategic improvement programs within the One Subsurface community (exploration and development).
This team is set-up to improve the data and the data management practices in the subsurface business from the legacy data to dealing with ever increasing new demand. It works closely with the business on selected priority areas as defined in the data strategies. As the Technical data landscape will transform in the coming years the role will include strategic thinking to help shape that journey on skill development, automation and digitalization opportunities. What's the role?
This is a local position either based in London - Shell Centre or in The Netherlands.
You will be a critical member of the team with key responsibilities to deliver strategic initiatives as part of business led data strategies.
What we need from you
- Define, develop, execute, and manage projects and initiatives as prioritized in the business led data strategies within the Subsurface community
- Develop transformational ideas and new ways of working in alignment with business drivers and a one subsurface integration lens
- Foster a strong and effective network of key business stakeholders and TDM staff, both locally and globally to support the drive for integration and standardization
- Work scope requires business domain knowledge and Technical Data Management knowledge with demonstrable passion for identifying, developing, and deploying new ideas and ways of working
You will bring pragmatism, enthusiasm and a collaborate nature to work across organizational boundaries to drive strategic business efficiency improvements.
You will bring vision to help formulate data strategies and operational experience to deliver these with natural teams across Technical Data Management, the business and Information Technology. You bring an open, collaborative & delivery focused mindset to drive efficiency of the whole organization. With the accelerated transition towards OSDU, you will take a leading role to own and drive change.
- A domain relevant degree in a subsurface discipline and/or Technical Data Management
- An operationally open and external mindset with a sense of urgency to drive efficiency
- Demonstrable skills in Technical Data Management with experience in the subsurface business
- Ability to frame problems, manage complex projects and manage multiple stakeholders across multiple organizational boundaries
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms, infrastructure design and development, and relational databases
- Track record of driving a continuous improvement culture and improving delivery to the business, based upon having solid business analysis experience (eg LEAN, Continuous Improvement)
- In addition to MS Office, comfortable as required to use 'coding' (eg Python) as method to manipulate data
- Understanding of subsurface tools and different data formats (eg for seismic or log interpretation or data management)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills strengthening business partnerships with numerous internal and external stakeholders and work effectively across organizational boundaries influencing without formal authority
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don't feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.Company DescriptionAn innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.