Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruting for a Software Devloper to support our GES+ project support team in Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
This team works to assist clients in using their data to create value, drive business decisions and improve engineering efficiency .
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement solutions which increase the safety, reliability and productivity of our clients' assets through the application of advanced analytics and artificial intelligence. As a valued team member they will build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders through working collaboratively in global, agile, multi-disciplined teams. They will have strong statistical skills to support the team in the development of current and new applications that have the capability to deliver real-world results.
The successful candidate will work across a variety of tasks, including:
- Support the design, development and deployment of data mining algorithms to solve data management challenges, including data scraping and cleansing
- Support the design, development and deployment of web-based and desktop-based applications
- Support our system engineers in assembling large, complex datasets
- Participate in integrity, maintenance and reliability and digital twin systems configuration and implementation projects
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions and developing data modelling specifications
- Participate in the design, development and deployment of Machine Learning and Deep Learning models to solve maintenance and reliability challenges
- Individual responsibilities will be commensurate with capabilities and experience level
In order to be successful, candidates must demonstrate that they:
Skills / Qualifications
- Possess a questioning mind, brimming with bright ideas that they are able to articulate and share
- Be a critical thinker with strong analytical, critical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Be comfortable with manipulating and combining large, high dimensional datasets from multiple sources
- Have an ability to interpret findings and identify key insights to communicate to a non-technical audience
- Have demonstrated experience building relationships with internal and/or external stakeholders
- Be passionate about delivering high quality work
- Are interested in programming, software testing and database management activities in office based environment
- Able to work under close supervision, provide design assistance to the teams
- Can resolve specialty related data science issues by applying accepted sense, principles, codes, and innovative ideas
- Are interested in learning and understanding of oil & gas business required for the job
- Have thorough knowledge of computer programming, cloud platforms, APIs, database setup and management
- Able and willing to work collaboratively within team based environment with good communication
- Can handle and propose easy graphic user interface and graphic design skills for presentations and software / database front ends
- Degree in a data-oriented field like Software Engineering, Statistics, Economics or Computer Science and / or a tertiary qualification in Mechanical, Mechatronics or Process engineering
- No prior experience is required
- Knowledge of statistics, data engineering, data science, statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian, clustering to analyse data and provide insights
- Programming ability in C++, Web development and Visual Basic .
- Familiarity with Graphic and User Interface design is preferable
- Understanding of agile development methodologies
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed to delivering first class technology engineering services
- Excellent English language skills and effective communication capability both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to those in a wide range of organisation positions
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex problems and help identify practical and technically sound solutions
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.