Chemical Plant: Instrument, Electrical and/or Mechanical Maintenance Technician
We are seeking a Chemical Plant Maintenance Technician who is skilled in both I&E and Mechanical Maintenance. We will also consider strong candidates in either field, so if you're an expert in both or either, then apply now!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Instrument & Electrical Maintenance Essential Functions:
Responsible for troubleshooting, repair, testing, maintaining, calibrating and proper operation of all instrumentation, control systems and electrical support systems and equipment in a chemical plant setting. Including installation and maintenance of Instrument and Electrical Equipment like Level Transmitters, Flow Meters, Thermocouples, Control Valves, PLCs and PLC Programing, Conduit, Wiring, Lights, Industrial Electric Motors, ect.
Mechanical Maintenance Essential Functions:
- Troubleshoot and test the operation of equipment using voltmeters and other testing devices to diagnose malfunctions.
- Install, troubleshoot, maintain, and program PLCs for chemical plant operations
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems
- Read and understand manufacturers' manuals and blueprints to determine correct installation, operation and troubleshooting of machinery
- Verify adequacy of repairs made to machinery and equipment, ensuring safe and productive operation
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance, disassemble, examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear, repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust equipment, and machinery
- Maintain proper documentation on repairs and maintenance performed
- Record parts and materials used, and requisition new parts and materials, as necessary.
- Demonstrate equipment functions and features to machine operators
- Support all Environmental, Health, and Safety programs, policies, and regulations
- Support PHAs and follow up on MOCs as appropriate
- This list is not all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the shift and overall plant.
Responsible for troubleshooting, repair, testing, maintaining, calibrating and proper operation of all machinery and piping systems in a chemical plant setting. Repair, install, adjust, and maintain industrial machinery and pipeline distribution systems.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.