Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Minimum 5+ years related experience in well placement and Geosteering with University Degree in Geology, Geoscience, Geophysics. Qualifications Duties and Responsibilities:
Safety and Environmental:
- Provide technical expertise for the planning, execution and post-well analysis of horizontal wells where GeoSteering Services are being utilized or have the potential to be implemented.
- Model offset data to determine the feasibility of geosteering within reservoirs within given geological / physical constraints and to recommend best applications for success.
- Monitor real-time data, provide real-time interpretation and execute directional decisions to ensure proper placement of the borehole within a specific target.
- Integrate with client G&G, drilling and completions teams for the planning and execution of their horizontal well programs.
- Give technical presentations to support GeoSteering Services including feasibility studies, end-of-well analyses and sales / marketing demonstrations.
- Mentor new GeoSteering personnel in the art of geosteering and other related disciplines.
- Promote the integration of other Weatherford Services for a comprehensive customer solution where appropriate.
- Communications - Must be able to communicate with various levels of drilling and G&G personnel.
- Multi-cultural Environment - The nature of the oil industry permits a multi-cultural environment and the GeoSteering Engineer must be adaptable to work assignments in different regions and countries with different cultural values.
- Highly Mobile - The Field Specialist may travel to drilling rigs located in various regions/countries around the world and must be prepared to meet all the circumstances and lifestyles involved.
- Commitment to Safety - Must be safety conscious as each assignment will involve the implementation of health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Unlimited and Irregular Work Hours - The job does not follow a fixed schedule and the Field Specialist will frequently spend extended periods of time at a field location or client's office.
- Data Quality and Performance Standards - The GeoSteering Engineer will provide high quality deliverables to the client while maintaining the health, safety and environmental program on the assignment.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner.
- Complies with Company safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with Customer safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state and local safety regulations and procedures.
- Attains and applies comprehensive knowledge of safety regulations and procedures.