Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Piping Engineer to join our client's Glasgow project delivery team on a 6-month contract basis with the potential for extension.
The Principal Piping Engineer is assigned to a project as an integral member of the project design team and is responsible for the technical and commercial execution of the design and requisitioning by the control estimate and specific requirements of the project schedule.
- To advise the Department Manager of the required personnel necessary to maintain the project plan for the assigned project.
- To monitor and control manhour budgets against the project plan.
- Review vendor bids and documentation for technical acceptability.
- To give any necessary technical assistance to other members of the design team.
- To ensure a level of supervision is maintained that encourages empowerment and provides a flexible, responsive approach to the design, procurement, and construction of the plant.
- Must be able to work in a multi-Discipline team across different locations and engage in collaborative behaviour that ensures the success of all Disciplines and the Project as a whole.
- Plant Layout, Piping Design, and Piping Engineering experience within an EPC/EPCM environment.
- Commercial awareness within the professional services environment.
- Knowledge of UK, European, and ASME/ASTM international standards and practices.
- Experience in a Lead position on Petrochem and/or Pharmaceutical EPC/EPCM projects.
- Piping Materials expertise in Piping Specifications and Valves.
- Working knowledge of E3D/PDMS.
Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Projects are both UK-based and International. Therefore, when necessary, travel to appropriate Client offices and Sites are required to support our project activities.