Our client a multi-disciplined Engineering Design house are looking to add a Mechanical / Vessel Engineer to their team working from their Thornaby office.
The role will be for an initial 12 month contract and offers a strong hourly rate of pay outside of IR35 so is open to Ltd Companies. 37.5 hrs/week minimum - Monday to Friday in the Thornaby office.
The client operate in various industries including (Petro)Chemicals and Oil & Gas. PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
KEY TASKS AND MAIN DUTIES
- To work as part of a Design Team responsible for the production of technical documentation to high professional standards within challenging programmes and budgets
- Prepare and/or check design calculations
- Supervise production of and check drawings for compliance with calculations
- Prepare Technical Specifications/Reports
- Co-ordinate/liaise with Engineering disciplines
- Interpret Vendor drawings/information
- Work to budgets and programmes
- Comply with Quality Management Systems
- Report to Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Other professional duties reasonably required
- University degree preferred or qualification equivalent to UK Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- Additional equivalent Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status preferred
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Background in Heavy Engineering/Chemical/Petrochemical Industries preferred in relation to Material Handling Plant Layout.
- Ideally previous experience with pressure vessels.
- English Language - written, spoken and technical
- Specification/report writing (preferred but not essential)
- Awareness of Quality Management System philosophy
- Ability to design/work to International Standards and Codes of Practice
Candidates must have existing right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.