NES Fircroft are currently looking to recruit a Lead Decommissioning Compliance Advisor on a 12 month contract basis on behalf of their client based in Norwich.
This position is responsible for the delivery, from initiation to close out, of all Permits, Licenses, Approvals, Notifications and Consents (PLANC) required in support of decommissioning operations, including ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and application of best practice. This will include an audit of those processes in the execution phase onshore or offshore as appropriate. This excludes the operational execution, which will be managed by the QSSHE Team, however developing a close relationship will be required to ensure that all aspects are effectively managed.
The successful candidate will undertake preparation of installation and pipeline Decommissioning Programmes (DP's), Comparative Assessments, Transfer of Installation and Well Operatorship documentation (for assets transitioning to Decommissioning Operators), and will oversee necessary environmental permit development. Strong leadership skills, with a desire to proactively develop others, as well as an ability to positively communicate the details of applicable regulation will be required. The successful candidate will be able to initiate and facilitate change in a positive way, whilst operating in an environment where tasks are complex; they will be innovative, collaborative and have a can-do attitude. They will develop and maintain close working relationships with other members of the Decommissioning Team, internal and external stakeholders, and regulators to manage decommissioning compliance activities in a timely and efficient manner.
The role reports directly to the Decommissioning Manager and leads a small Compliance and Assurance Decommissioning Team. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide clear understanding of regulatory rules and boundaries to support decommissioning of installations and pipelines.
- Lead the PLANC process for installation and pipeline decommissioning projects from initiation to close-out, delivering in a timely and efficient manner.
- Lead the preparation and submission of installation and pipeline decommissioning programmes, close out reports and other such documentation as required for decommissioning projects.
- Point of contact, and Company UK representative, with regulatory bodies, partners, and other stakeholders for decommissioning compliance related matters. Including management of supporting documentation such as presentations, quarterly update reports etc.
- Coordinate with decommissioning onshore and offshore teams to ensure compliance with all decommissioning commitments.
- Maintain a register of day-to-day commitments that decommissioning must comply with.
- Develop a strong relationship with regulatory bodies, other operators, and trade bodies to support changes to practices and regulations in favour of efficient decommissioning processes.
- Follow-up of department activities and recommend changes or adaptations whenever required.
- Support the assurance process for the transition of operatorship of Company assets to specialist decommissioning operator(s).
- Prepare and manage subcontractor scopes of work for compliance and assurance activities.
- Support the preparation of cost estimates, budgets and Approval For Expenditure's.
- Support TRM's, HIRA's, HAZID / ENVID's etc. in relation to ongoing decommissioning projects.
Preferred candidate will be a degree qualified engineer, with minimum 5 years plus experience, as the position requires a thorough understanding of decommissioning activities. May be optional in the event that the individuals experience clearly demonstrates they have a high level of technical knowledge relating to decommissioning activities. Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the regulatory framework applicable to UK oil and gas decommissioning activities and the subtlety of this.
- Experience in decommissioning operations, or alternative relevant projects / operations, in the oil & gas industry, preferably on UKCS projects, covering both installation and pipeline decommissioning.
- Experience preparing and managing decommissioning programme submission for installations and pipeline, and the associated strategies for gaining approval of such programmes.
- Experience managing PLANC applications in support of decommissioning activities, preferably including International Waste Shipment applications from UK to Netherlands.
- External stakeholder management.
- Change management experience.
- Understanding of environmental issues relating to the Decommissioning process.
- Understanding of the TRM, HIRA, HAZID / ENVID, risk assessment process.
- Experience with operatorship transition process preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organisational and time management skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.