Our client is a global manufacturer of Petrochemical, Speciality Chemicals and Oil products, due to growth at their O&G liquid transportation and processing division, they are now looking to add an experienced Process Engineer to their team, on a permanent basis, to be based at Aberdeen. You will provide process engineering support to the Asset Operating team and prepare study reports to screen opportunities to improve SHE, availability, variable costs and fixed costs. Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Support implementation of projects (capital and revenue) to improve SHE, availability/reliability and cost performance
- Provide Process Engineering input and approval for plant modifications to ensure delivery of fit for purpose and fully documented asset improvements
- Provide Process Engineering discipline expertise in troubleshooting asset vulnerabilities to minimise impact upon the asset operating plan
- Liaise with Production Optimisation Team to co-ordinate new entrants and Waiver approvals.
- Act as Process single point of accountability (SPA) for long-term Asset strategy and Process led site activity
- Lead / contribute to safety reviews, risk assessments and investigations as the process engineering focal point.
- Take part in HAZOP, LOPA and SIL studies.
- Monitor safe operating limits/envelopes through periodic review of process operating data, investigate excursion and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Act as custodian of key Process Engineering documents including Register of Safety Related Devices LO/LC Register, Safe Operating and Design Limits, P&IDs, Pipeline Surge Study, ensuring same are kept up to date.
- Technical approval of process engineering content of Asset MOCs proposals.
- Support the Process Engineering Technical Authority with the development and ongoing management of process engineering practices and procedures.
- Candidates will hold a Degree or equivalent in Chemical or Process Engineering
- Be a Chartered engineer or equivalent
- Be an experienced Process Engineer within an on and off-shore Oil & Gas, Refining or Petrochemical environment
- Experienced in leading project studies for capital projects, plant modifications as well as plant and equipment rationalisation and decommissioning
- Experienced with Risk Assessment and Management of Change processes
- Strong IT skills to run required chemical engineering models and systems.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.