If you are passionate about using technologies to deliver/maximize business value, translate business requirements to functionalities, and working on innovation to improve user-experience, then you can be one of us!Where you fit in
You are responsible for the development and sustainment of the application landscape of IRM Investigation Platform - Splunk. You are the day-to-day service integrator in the IT Service Operations organization, supporting Delivery Management to provide efficient and effective services and contribute to Top Quartile performance in costs and processes.What's the role
As a Systems Engineer - Splunk, you are accountable end to end operations of the landscapes and the delivery of the E2E application services according to the agreed Service Levels and/or Operate Level Agreements.
Aside from above, you are expected for the following:
What we need from you
- You are the service integrator to ensure applications landscapes remain compliant.
- You also build knowledge of relevant information risks and regulatory requirements
- Expertise in Splunk core and Splunk Enterprise Security including design, deployment, upgrades, configuration management and clustering.
- Familiar with migration from on-premises to Splunk cloud. Responsible for build, develop and deployment/integration of configurations and other business needs to Splunk cloud.
- Proficient with all aspects of Splunk Cloud features, including integration methods, search, knowledge objects, dashboards, data models, etc.
- Monitoring billable metrics within Splunk Cloud, projecting overages, and implementing cost conscious solutions.
- Capacity Planning, Growth projection, scaling existing environments to meet capacity needs by adding new indexers, search heads etc. To be able to handle disaster recovery.
- 4-year Degree related to IT and have at least have 5-9 years of IT experience
- Splunk deployment, configuration and maintenance on UNIX and Wintel platforms and develop Splunk system enhancements and configurations.
- Knowledge of syslog server, Splunk SDK, SPLUNK ITSI, SPLUNK Builder, API ServiceNow, Agile DevOps
- Onboard new data feeds translating Splunk based use-cases to data objects required from source systems (servers, databases, networking devices)
- Create test cases for automatic testing and develop automated deployment approaches; Integrate data feeds to/from external systems
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Unix, Python, Pearl, LDAP interface etc.)
- Expertise in AWS/Azure Cloud Engineering, CI/CD (Azure DevOps and others)
and Agile/DevOps environment
- Preferably have knowledge on Jira, Git/Github, Jenkins, Selenium, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, VSTS (one or more), Linux (RHEL), IaC (Terraform/CloudFormation) and the entire IT Infrastructure stack, including troubleshooting
- Certifications on Splunk, RHEL, AWS and/or Azure is bonus