Where you fit in
If you are passionate about the energy transition and working in a customer facing business, this is your opportunity to have a direct role in sustainability transformation for the Lubricants Americas business.
Shell Lubricants is the #1 leading lubricants supplier for the past 16 years keeping the world moving and machinery operating efficiently. Shell Lubricants plays a key role in supporting Shell's Powering Progress strategy and aspires to be a market leader in sustainable solutions to support our customers' progressing to a more sustainable future. Our ambitions are to partner with customers to decarbonize and reduce waste, drive circularity and lower emissions across the value chain, and achieve net zero emissions from our own operations.What is the role
- You'll Influence and embed the sustainability mindset amongst the Americas leadership team and across the organization as a core part of how we do business
- Operationalize sustainability initiatives across the different workstreams in the Americas value chain: Raw Materials, Production, Packaging, Logistics and Waste/End of Life
- Support development of Supply Chain workstream targets, and delivery against commitments
- Partner with the Global Lubricants Sustainability Team to align delivery targets, reporting and regional best practice sharing
What we need from youRequirements:
- Drive integration across all lines of business within Lubricants including Production, Supply Chain Development, Supply Chain Optimization & Projects, Contracts & Procurement and Third Party Contracts to mature sustainability progress
- Align with business development and network engineering on low carbon options and capital investment needed to operate our Shell operated blending plants more efficiently and incorporate CO2 reduction opportunities in proposals and decisions.
- External stakeholder management with industry coalitions, suppliers, and customers to help promote Lubricants Sustainability agenda and overall change management
- Collaborate across broader Shell businesses on initiatives and best practice sharing on topics such as plastics, circular economy, low carbon fuels, and waste to energy
- Develop and share sustainability performance results, newsletters, and proof points with the business and senior leaders
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in supply chain management
- Previous experience in the implementation of sustainability initiatives would be preferred
- Commercial knowledge will be an advantage as the role will be required to quantify benefits and support operationalization of 'first-hand' initiatives in market
- A collaborative mindset as the role requires working with cross business teams and different stakeholders across the end-to-end value chain
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills with ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and priorities in a dynamic environment.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.