Chemical Treatment EngineerSLB Featured Employer
Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
The Chemical Treatment Engineer with presence in the field is responsible for the monitoring that will enable preventative, through the injection of chemicals, to increase the service life of the artificial lifting systems of the oil production and water injection wells associated with secondary recovery projects in order to increase their operational reliability. Decreasing the frequency of interventions by causes attributable to corrosion, bacteria, incrustations, hydrates, paraffins, emulsions, etc.
It must be able to design, recommend and optimize the application processes, logistics, variable monitoring, safety and quality control and management reporting for the chemical treatments carried out.
- Manage operations related to the Chemical Treatments of Oil Producing Wells, Water Producers and Injectors Wells of Block 61 fields.
- Interact with the PEC Department of Chemicals and Corrosion, Managers, Superintendencies, Leaders, and Shaya's technical and operations staff to organize, structure and manage Chemical Treatment activities in wells and verify their supply, handling, distribution and dosing.
- Ensure compliance with technical requirements and regulations of the Company and Partner.
- Optimize the Chemical Treatment techniques developed in block 61 with the purpose of maximizing the useful life of the artificial lifting equipment and optimizing the injection into the injection wells related to the secondary recovery project.
- Manage internally with the different departments of the Company the necessary requirements that must be executed for the normal
Education and Knowledge:
Education: Chemical Engineer, in Petroleum, Petrochemical or other related.
Languages: Intermediate English - Advanced.
Rules applicable to this discipline, environmental and regulatory standards of the State inherent in the activity being carried out.
Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, Power Point).
GIS Standards: Knowledge of ISO Regulations, Project Management, Legislation in force in the hydrocarbon sector, engineering standards (API, ASME, ISA, NACE, etc.).
Management of budgets and financial indicators.
Experience: Minimum 10 years in similar positions.
Technology, material characteristics, quality, costs, necessary processes, among others.
Chemical safety standards.
Correctly identify all risks in operations.
Database management and statistical analysis.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.