Location: Cameron Louisiana Area - Point of Reference
The Calcasieu Pass 2 Regulatory Compliance Lead is responsible for supporting the design development, implementation, and maintenance of the LNG Regulatory Compliance Program and ensuring strategies, procedures and assurance processes are established to address compliance activities of Federal, State, and Local regulatory requirements. The LNG Regulatory Compliance Lead must understand the regulatory aspects of the LNG Facility regarding security, safety, training, maintenance, and operations in accordance with 49 CFR Part 193 and NFPA 59A as well as be knowledgeable in 33 CFR 127. This position will report to the Director of Regulatory Compliance.
- Lead Regulatory support for engineering design reviews of Implementation Plans (IP's), IA Question sets, and Data Requests from various Regulators for compliance validation of Company Permits and Applicable Laws
- Lead in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the CP2LNG Regulatory Compliance Program
- Serve as the lead in Regulatory areas concerning LNG facility design and operation; Specifically, for PHMSA, FERC, and USCG requirements
- Leads the regulatory compliance assurance program necessary for Federal, State, and Local audits
- Performs internal compliance assurance activities in coordination with applicable stakeholders in preparation of routine Federal, State, and Local audits or inspections
- Support and participate in Federal, State, and Local Regulatory Agency site audits and inspections
- Reviews external state and federal agency audit findings and provides recommendations to internal procedures and/or compliance manuals
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability or risks and provides reports to Supervisor and other LNG business stakeholders
- Conduct inspections and audits of LNG engineering design documentation and lead in implementation of any necessary corrective actions identified
- Lead in evaluation of Federal Register updates and facilitating the updating of processes, procedures, and training to maintain compliance
- Work with Operations SME's to address areas of improvement identified from field assessments and/or changes to LNG processes and procedures
- Lead in supporting the development and implementation of CP2LNG internal regulatory inspection and audit program.
- Maintains working knowledge of regulatory requirements, company procedures and documents to satisfy those requirements.
- Assists with communicating and implementing improvements to programs and documentation to ensure compliance with regulations
- Lead in development and implementation of CP2LNG Regulatory Training programs
- Lead in safety related incident management issues on behalf of the Regulatory Department
- Lead review of MOC's for compliance validation
- Lead in executing external regulatory reporting obligations for CP2LNG
- Lead CP2LNG Operations procedure reviews and ensuring procedure updates are maintained in accordance with applicable law
- Analyze Compliance data mining to determine necessary training or program modifications required for Compliance Management
- Support the Company's functional groups in planning, process, and control management
- Cooperates with LNG Operations personnel, engineering, and other stakeholders to share lessons learned, experiences, and knowledge to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient operations
- Education and Certifications: Associates degree is preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience: 5 years in Regulatory management or similar industry. A minimum of 2 years of experience in LNG
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
- Extensive experience managing regulatory dialogue in the US and working closely with US regulatory agencies, especially FERC and PHMSA
- Corporate or consulting experience in designing and implementing compliance programs preferred
- Experience in PHMSA, FERC, and USCG rules and regulations is required.
- Excellent research, written and oral communication skills
- Proficient data analytics capabilities
- Strong logistics, time management, planning and scheduling skills required
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organization with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies
- Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Experience In Adobe Captivate, Articulate 360, or equivalent e-learning design software preferred
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with different groups, including operations staff, maintenance staff, engineering departments, human resources, regulators, and other Company work groups
- Ability to multi-task and function in a highly dynamic atmosphere
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.