The Senior Planner, Commissioning & Start-Up is responsible for overseeing the planning & scheduling processes and functions for the commissioning and start-up ("CSU") of our major capital projects & will report to the Vice President, Planning & Scheduling.
This position will collaborate with Company leadership and project management to develop and maintain CSU execution plans and schedules while also providing leadership and oversight of contractor planning & scheduling professionals assigned to the project. In addition, this position will implement robust planning & scheduling processes and procedures that will be able to be replicated across all scopes of work.
The role will also require effective communication to Project and Executive Management for timely decision making and incorporation of stake holder input. The role will have potential for travel to other project locations and contractor offices.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Development and maintenance of internal company plans & schedules.
- Contribute to reviews of contractor CSU execution plans & schedules.
- Drive optimization, implementation, and execution of plans.
- Identify risk mitigations and opportunities for derisking.
- Development and maintenance of planning & scheduling processes and procedures.
- Development and maintenance of CSU earned value management processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with Commissioning & Operations leadership.
- Contribute to Simultaneous Operations ("SIMOPS") reviews.
- Collaborate with internal Planning & Scheduling team.
- Set up and maintain reporting and dashboard templates for consistent communication.
- Support Time Impact or other commercial claims analysis.
- Work with Acumen Fuse diagnostic tools, templates and standards.
- Present and effectively communicate CSU plan & schedule information internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain graphical summary depictions of CSU execution plan.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10 years of relevant planning & execution experience in major Oil & Gas engineering and construction projects, with at least 2 years of specific Commissioning and Start-Up experience.
- Experience in LNG and/or Combined Cycle Power Generation projects.
- Familiarity with interpreting Process & Instrumentation Diagrams ("P&IDs") and Commissioning Systems.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio skills.
- Experience with Power BI, SQL or similar relational database management systems preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with strong critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with ability to effectively prioritize, meet deadlines, adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to efficiently summarize and prioritize information.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.