Job Summary about the area and the role:
Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions (WTS) is a worldwide leader in water recovery, treatment and reuse. We design and supply a range of water systems, from food and beverage applications, to municipal water, to microelectronics ultrapure water and heavy industrial wastewater treatment.
At WTS, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer challenging and meaningful careers, with competitive benefits and flexible work arrangements.
The Finance Director will direct all Finance activities for the Veolia WTS Analytical Instruments (AI) product line business. The AI business is a high-tech product and services business of approximately ~$190MM in sales. In this role, you will partner with the Senior Business Leaders, translate concepts, develop strategy, implement change, create processes to measure performance, create programs responsive to external environments, and participate in cross functional business and cultural development. These responsibilities are to be performed with the appropriate risk management mindset and maintaining an appropriate financial process and controlled environment. Additionally, this role will also be responsible for working closely with the WTS finance teams at Headquarters, Regions, BIG (Business Intelligence Group), Business Systems and Controllership to ensure business processes and the related financial footprint are well connected and appropriately controlled.Key Characteristics
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Customer Focus
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Direct, lead, and coach the Finance AI team. Foster a positive and inclusive team environment and support personal career development. Develop and foster customer centric center of excellence to internal and external stakeholders. Establish goals, key initiatives, and priorities for the team
- Proactively serve as business partner to the AI business leader in the formulation and execution of business strategy
- Lead the development, implementation and measurement of operation plans and participate in their successful execution whether monthly, quarterly, annually or longer-term outlooks
- Drive working capital and balance sheet rigor, working close with Headquarters and BIG teams
- Work closely with Finance Managers of other WTS P&Ls to share best practices and ideas to improve business and finance strategy, processes, etc.
- Support business goals by applying a broad range of products and structures for the businesses
- Partner with supply chain to drive productivity, cash returns and product cost for global supply chain footprint.
- Participate in business and syndication deal review and deal approval meetings and keep senior management advised of material developments
- Communicate business performance and identify growth accelerators, work with technology on NTI's and NPI's
- Provide business performance analytics to identify financial trends, highlight risk and opportunities and ensure operational coordination
- Drive financial performance improvement initiatives throughout business (cost reduction, asset management, capital efficiency, productivity, etc.)
- Lead the pursuit of excellence in Controllership (e.g., adherence to accounting and compliance policies, transfer of best practices, internal controls, etc.)
- Provide analysis and recommendations on capital expenditures, restructuring, acquisitions, and other projects as required
- You are comfortable working in cross-functional and project mode: you demonstrate your ability to lead, influence and involve external and internal stakeholders
- Previous manufacturing finance experience
- Strong qualitative and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel; prior experience with SAP and Tableau
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, high-visibility environment
- Self-starter, customer focused (internal), committed to providing practical solutions, high sense of integrity and excellence
Education & ExperienceRequired
- Inclusive: Passioned for working in different cultures and environments, in a collaborative organization with a diversity team.
- Team Player: Ability to work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, accountable and committed to the entire team respecting peers, leadership, stakeholders, and clients.
- Inspirational: Excellent oral and written communication skills: Communicate clearly and professionally with Finance and non-Finance professionals within the organization being able to inspire others.
- Decision Maker: Challenge the status quo and make decisions based on your role to be an effective problem solver and use critical thinking skills to find new ideas and connect them to provide the best practices and tools to our stakeholders and clients.
- Flexibility: Adapt and respond to the changing environment and to constructively create opportunities for change through active participation.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years successful experience in Finance
- The salary range is tied to the market for similarly benchmarked roles. The range is not an absolute, but a guide, and offers will be based on the individual candidate's knowledge, skills, experience, and market conditions, as well as internal peer equity. Depending upon all the preceding considerations for the final selected individual candidate, the offer may be lower or higher than the stated range: $150,000.00 - $170,000.00. Relocation assistance is also being offered for this role.