Around the globe, we help cities and industries manage, optimize and make the most of their resources. We provide an array of solutions related to water, energy and materials to promote a cleaner more sustainable world for all of us.
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today! Lead Account Manager (Primary Metals Industry)Description
The Lead Account Manager demonstrates accountability for account management, technical projects, and functional broad based company objectives. In this role you will integrate technical skill and business acumen to develop processes that grow the company market share in the primary metals water treatment industry. The ideal candidate will reside in the Mobile, Alabama area and will have significant primary metals experience in an operational, utilities, or engineering role. In this role you will work on various projects related to customers water treatment needs across various primary metals organizations in the US, manage complex issues within a functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall primary metals business development strategy. This role will require some amount of travel to visit primary metals accounts with the southeastern US to develop a strong technical foundation and understanding of our business.
Below are some of the key elements of this position:
- Work with target industry subject matter experts (SMEs) to help develop a business growth strategy which can be integrated into account planning, opportunity identification, and value projects communication for target industry
- Identify projects within customer sites that will have a positive impact on asset reliability, operational costs, and environmental sustainability
- Define new areas to grow our business profitability with target market segment
- Interface directly with the product applications and engineering teams to drive high value solutions leveraging the company products and services portfolio
- Serve as a conduit for solutions tailored to an understanding of customer's operations
- Build long term customer relationships and communication plan for all levels within the customer's organization
- Monitor performance of current water treatment programs at the customer's sites and communicate any issues with key stakeholders
- Successfully interface with cross-functional teams as required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Metallurgical, Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, Civil). A general background in science with a focus on Biology or Chemistry, or in any related discipline from an accredited college or university along with at least 5 years of experience in a technical sales position in the Industrial Water Treatment/Water Process primary metals industry will also be considered
- Additional 5-10 years of experience in the primary metals industry in direct technical sales would also be an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel within territory and across continental US, as required
- Ability and willingness to reside in assigned region, or within customer proximity requirements, as required
- Work frequently in a heavy industrial environment requiring use of Personal Safety Equipment and exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and other similar irritants typical of those found in steel mills, refineries, chemical plants, power plants, manufacturing and /or commercial facilities, etc., as required
- Ability and willingness to comply with stringent drug testing and background check requirements set by customer safety requirements, as required
- Ability and willingness to comply with stringent customer site(s) access requirements, as required
- Proficient Computer Skills including Google Suite Software, MS Office, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, and other software programs within a Windows environment
- To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a company owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record.
- Solid steel industry experience in technical sales, operations, utilities, or engineering is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of success in technical sales or project management in primary metals industry
- Able to develop and maintain customer relationships at all levels, including the "C" level
- Experience with process or utility water treatment
- Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
- Able to effectively interface with all levels of internal functional teams and external customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Established program management ability
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!