Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a P&O Business Partner to join our team in Qatar. The People & Organization (P&O) Business Partner is responsible for the delivery of the people agenda in their area of operational responsibility, partnering with managers in the business, providing advice and counsel in people management practices in support of delivering and executing the business plan.
The role provides guidance and coaching for effective people management and is responsible for developing and implementing solutions to support leaders across the entire employee life cycle. This role works in conjunction with the Centers of Expertise to deliver employee engagement tools; talent management; workforce planning and resourcing; organizational effectiveness; change management and risk mitigation through effective employee and industrial relations.
This role is responsible for developing effective leadership and appropriate development of people and skills within their area of responsibility. The role acts as counsel on people related issues, forming robust stakeholder relationships with customers, with a significant amount of influence required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Act as key support to business managers, ensuring delivery of P&O objectives through effective relationships and engagement with Shared Services and Centers of Expertise
- Responsible for day-to-day P&O decisions, ensuring that support and advice are aligned with both business and functional objectives
- May lead and/or execute the implementation of P&O programmes across the employee life cycle
- Identify, understand, and address areas of risk in area of responsibility through robust people management processes
- Lead complex case management, supported by P&O Coordinators and Advisors, Shared Services and Centres of Expertise
- Pro-actively contribute to the business decision making process by providing guidance and advice across all areas of the employee life cycle
- May lead and / or execute the delivery of P&O tasks during acquisition and integration activities in area of responsibility
- Coaches and influences managers
- Promotes the talent management process within business area and understands the benefits of such process
- Coaches and influences managers to develop their leadership efficacy in line with Wood culture, values and behaviors.
- Drives robust people development and performance management throughout the business area, to build and retain skills needed to deliver the operational business in the short to medium term.
- Understand reward methodology and oversees reward decisions for managers served business area
- Gain good understanding of recruitment plan for managers served and takes an active involvement in selection of key and / or strategic roles.
- Act as representative for the company at appropriate industry, client, trade union events/forums.
- Support development and succession opportunities within the P&O team
- Work in partnership with Shared Services and Centres of Expertise to ensure and assure P&O service excellence within agreed KPIs
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of P&O metrics and robust analysis and recommendations in support of business decisions
- Advise and influence the business in the way they plan, lead and manage change and its impact on people and working practices
- Support employee communication and engagement
- Support and participate in emergency response activities
- Support the creation of an organizational culture which fosters innovation and collaboration, continuous improvement and change
- Responsible for P&O policy application, ensuring compliance with relevant group standards, regulatory requirements, and operating procedures
- Assure quality on all aspects of delivery, proactively seeking and addressing customer feedback
- Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the group's standards and policies
- Degree qualified in HR related or business management qualification - preferred
Job specific experience:
- 5 years of experience in similiar position
- Experience in business-focused HR roles within a dynamic organisation
- Experience of managing change, including working cooperatively in business partnership
- Knowledge of people practices and applicable legislative frameworks
- Experience of dealing with industrial and employee relations issues
- Business performance and how it can deliver and add value to its customers
- Business service offering and customer base
- Roles performed in groups / departments served Awareness of external factors
- Changing regulatory environment Current and future industry trends
- Supporting safety delivery and continuous improvement
- Achieving challenging performance targets
- Demonstrated a commitment to continuous learning and development
- Demonstrated technical excellence
- Connect, establish and maintain effective, cross-cultural working relationships with all levels of the organisation and externally
- Consistently model the group's values
- Energy and compassion
- Has a service orientation to internal and external clients, being responsive to needs, effectively managing expectations
- Able to handle both routine tasks and be an agile learner taking on new responsibilities
- A commitment to continuous learning and development
- Generate trust and credibility
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.