Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer-Pipline (Iraqi local nationals only) ,with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry. we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
The position with rotation work bais 28 /28 days .
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrate continuous HSE leadership - ensuring safe project delivery, building a proactive safety culture and intervening where required
- Demonstrate Quality leadership - ensuring that projects are delivered to specifications and required quality standards
- Build local capability by transferring knowledge to BGC Iraqi pipeline engineers and graduates (coaching, advising) and Contractor Personnel
- Project and Construction Execution Planning of designated project
- Authoring or reviewing relevant procedures and engineering documentation
- Contract Management, including base scope, variations, disputes
- Cost and Budget control
- Materials management and coordination
- Raise and follow-through Technical Queries. Coordinate between Contractors and BGC and WG Engineers and Technical Authorities
- Interface Management between Execution contractor and BGC & third parties, including Engineering Team, ERW Team, Social Performance Team and interfaces with other Operators
- Support projects in front-end, for example by coordinating field surveys
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum 6 years of Pipeline Execution experience in Pipeline Project Management, Engineering and/or Construction roles.
- Pipeline or Mechanical Engineering educational background or similar.
- Strong and demonstratable HSE and Quality leadership.
- Experienced in executing projects in Iraq or similar environments.
- Experienced in Contract Management and Cost and Schedule control.
- Experienced in applying international pipeline codes and standards and providing engineered design solutions.
- Preferably experiences in brownfield piping scopes including hot-tapping and stoppling design and execution.
- Experienced in pipeline related scope including instrumentation, cathodic protection systems and valves & actuators.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.