Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Perform engineering tasks using established procedures. These tasks include, but are not limited to, new product design, sustaining design, stress analysis, material selection, cost estimation, tolerance studies, BOM creation, production drawing/part number creation, and product implementation.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform engineering tasks using established procedures. These tasks include but are not limited to, new product design, sustaining design, stress analysis, material selection, cost estimation, tolerance studies, BOM creation, production drawing/part number creation, and product implementation.
- Create engineering layouts for fit, form, and function checking.
- Coordinate and assist with new design validation testing in a laboratory environment including assembly of prototype tools and test fixtures, preparation of test requests, and completion of test reports upon conclusion of testing.
- Preparation of documentation for engineering design files.
- Work closely with other engineers and project team members to achieve desired R&D project results.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures, and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by the supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Experience & Education
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of design experience with downhole tools
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic understanding of drafting standards (dimensions, tolerances, etc.)
- Proficient in Creo or other 3D design software package
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Hands-on assembly and testing experience
- Familiarity with oilfield downhole tools & practices
- Good communication skills for interaction with team members and internal customers
- Self-motivated to investigate and solve challenging problems