Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is leading some of the world's most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities. We have a current opportunity within our Johannesburg Mining & Minerals Office, for a suitably qualified Principal Process Engineer
to join this innovative team. You will join likeminded, agile industry peers who are highly qualified, experienced and recognised industry innovators to create new possibilities.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. Main Purpose of the Role:
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To be the hydrometallurgical technical lead in the Process Engineering Department.
- To manage the delivery of best practice process plant design and associated in alignment with company organisational objectives and client requirements.
- To be the prime point of contact for all communications relating to process engineering.
- To be the prime point of contact for all communications relating to hydrometallurgical process engineering. T
- To ensure all process work is conducted safely, complying with and actively contributing to the company Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times consider the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Accountable to manage designated process engineering teams to ensure appropriate quality and best practice in processing engineering.
- Accountable to manage the process of preparation of designated study, project and proposal documents to ensure quality and accuracy of information.
- Accountable to ensure delivery of process services to designated study, project and proposal teams on or ahead of schedule and on or under budget.
- Accountable to participate in and contribute to the change process within the Process Group.
- Accountable to manage designated process engineering teams to ensure correct procedures are followed.
- Accountable to set-up and communicate a formal procedural structure for process engineering deliverables
- Ensure quality of documentation and process information.
- Client satisfaction as a measure of alignment with client needs.
- Contribution to company success in securing business and maintaining profitability.
- Contribution to enhancement of value-adding outputs and positive teamwork within the Process Group.
- Contribution to the extent to which change is championed within the Process Group.
- To actively pursue excellent Health, Safety and Environmental performance standards and to encourage all staff to achieve or outperform the indicated HSE KPIs of the company .
- B Degree or B Tech qualification in Chemical / Metallurgical Engineering
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Registered with ECSA or be eligible for registration
- M Degree in a technical field
- In-depth technical knowledge of process plant design and operation, typically gained from over ten years experience in a projects area and at least 12 years in the mining industry.
- In-depth technical knowledge of the hydrometallurgical processing of commodities, such as gold, base metals, uranium, rare earth elements, and battery materials.
- Extensive technical knowledge of process design and engineering of hydrometallurgical unit operations, such as leaching, precipitation, solvent extraction, ion exchange, and electrowinning.
- Ability to lead and manage teams of process engineers within a diverse study, project or proposal team.
- Ability to manage activities on or ahead of schedule and on or below budget.
- Ability to deliver best practice plant design, with emphasis on cost-effective engineering.
- Ability to communicate process requirements to other members of the study, project or proposal team.
- Ability to recognise the commercial implications of interest in study, project and proposal execution.
- Ability to prepare and deliver oral and written presentations for study and project reports and proposals.
- Ability to see and plan across a broad range of project activities.
- An understanding of strategic and change management and an ability to participate in these processes
- Be regarded as an industry expert in Hydrometallurgy.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines .
- Effective communication skills.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.