Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Material Coordinator to join our team in Brunei on the BSP Facilities Rejuvenation Project. This is primarily an onshore position so onshore / offshore experience is essential. Purpose / Role
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for all project material control activities to support execution of project schedules.
- This shall include ensuring project databases are updated; materials are receipted, packed, labelled and issued in accordance with Company policies, procedures and in compliance with all HSE and any legislative & industry requirements.
- Co-ordination of Warehouse, Shipping, Aviation & Marine Logistics Activities. Inventory management and reconciliation.
- Supports client Storage Reduction initiatives and long term preservation of project materials in long term storage.
Skills / Qualifications Experience
- Ensure project materials database is kept fully updated;
- Oversee onshore call off and allocation of materials and plant and equipment for shipment via land, air or sea;
- Provide Forward Schedule Analysis (FSA) for Marine Supply Vessels to project team;
- Liaison with planning and construction to ensure material availability against Work Pack/Job Card;
- Co-ordination of third party inspection requirements (e.g. rental plant and equipment);
- Co-ordinate all offshore material requests;
- Oversees all third party Verification, inspection (as required), and receipt of all project material;
- Investigate and resolve any material short-falls;
- Allocation of bin location and storage of project materials and update of systems accordingly;
- Monitor accuracy of manifests created for onward shipment(s);
- Liaison with third party sub-contractor(s) to ensure timely shipment of materials to relevant site(s);
- Monitors client overall storage footprint & promotes storage reduction initiatives (where practicable);
- Performs stock adjustments as required;
- Attends & participates in toolbox talks / safety moments (where applicable);
- Promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment within project team;
Essential: Demonstratable experience in a Materials/Warehouse Role
Desirable: Demonstratable experience in a Materials/Warehouse Role and Offshore Experience Personal Qualities
- English, basic - essential.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to safety.
- Flexible, able to comply / adapt to project / company requirements.
- Ability to work to and deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to interact with other project personnel.
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised.
- Desire to learn and develop.
- Ability to work in a multi cultural environment
- Good understanding of the materials control function including receipt, storage, issue and movement of materials within the offshore industry.
- Good understanding of the requirement s of COSHH and other regulatory/environmental procedures/processes associated with the materials control function.
- TBOSIET Training (or willingness to complete)
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.