Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Weatherford is looking for driven and determined individuals to join our NextGen graduate program
. NextGen is a global leadership development program that is designed to accelerate development of defined competencies and skill sets to prepare you for future leadership positions.
After an opportunity to engage with our leadership and hiring team we will offer selected graduates an opportunity to join as full-time employees within our product lines that have job openings. If you are selected as part of the team, you will be mentored and trained on the job and through classroom training opportunities getting your career off to a fast start. As a member of the NextGen program, you will be building expertise and managerial skills and you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, while making a real impact on the job.
The position of Field Engineer is physically and mentally challenging and is a very rewarding and respected job in the oil and gas industry. This is the entry level job for Field Engineer and your responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide testing, repairs, and routine servicing on equipment in the shop and the field. In addition, help generate business to increase revenues through sales of Weatherford products and services.
- Provide onsite Engineering support for the client, Technical Specialists and Well Site Supervisors on location throughout all phases of the job.
- Primary technical support for product line systems and its components.
- Interact with the rig crew and advise driller or company man of events or problem identified during operations.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance and troubleshoot equipment as required.
- Assist in time, cost, and labour estimates for completion of job assignments.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Responsible for daily report, records of events and proper database management of all well data.
- Attend morning meetings and conference calls as necessary.
- Writing daily and end of well reports.
- Assist in the rig up and rig down of equipment.
- The operation and management of a mobile field unit and crew.
- Provide reliable, prompt, and courteous service to Weatherford's customers on a 24-hour basis.
- Isolate and solve complex problems on the job site with the assistance of our technical support groups.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Personal career development through external and internal technical and non-technical training.
- You will be required to work in a field and an outdoor setting for extended hours ; at times, extreme climates.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
If you are highly driven, enjoy extensive travel, comfortable taking initiative, and can work in extreme outdoor environments and balance multiple priorities, you could go far on the Weatherford team. An undergraduate degree acquired within the last year from an Engineering program is essential. Effective English written and oral communication skills are a must, as are basic computer and problem-solving skills. If you are prepared to succeed as part of a strong team tackling varied and complex problems, we would love to hear from you. SPECIFIC NEXTGEN REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering is preferred.
- Graduation Year: 2022-2023.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written); IN ENGLISH
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, judgment and decision-making skills.
- A strong work ethic and leadership potential.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Requires extensive travel both domestically and internationally and extended stays away from home.
- Willingness to relocate and work in remote locations over several years.
- Ideal candidates have worked in field-based roles before or during their studies.