Job Title: DELFI Cloud Operations Support Engineer (L2).
Job Description: The DELFI Cloud Operations Support Engineer (L2) role positioned squarely in the Central Cloud Operations team is responsible for ensuring DELFI Applications and Services across the entire D&I Portfolio are delivered, maintained and operated to the highest standard - specifically ensuring applications and services do not breach agreed service levels with customers both internal and external.
- Studies: Systems Engineer, Electronics
- Experience: 2 years of experience in Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure technical support, infrastructure fundamentals: i.e. cloud networking, security, storage technologies (NAS and objects), IaaS computing, IP, DNS, etc.
- English level: B2+
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Type of contract: Indefinite
This role is effectively split into two core functions, the first one is Incident and problem management whereby engineers will have to:
- Identify, Diagnose and Troubleshot complex issues with web applications, backend services and IaaS deployments across Azure and Google cloud products.
- Manage incidents from identification to resolution, taking the lead as a subject matter expert in all major incidents impacting customers in one or more DELFI services.
- Provide a key technical escalation route between our field and L1 support organization and L3/Engineering - specifically tasked with identifying functionality problems, reliability issues and bugs.
- Provide operational support to engineering teams who require DNS setup, SSL Certificates, GCP Projects, Azure Subscriptions and other fundamental artifacts for new products entering production.
- Translate technical issues and complex problems into prepared digestible material for nontechnical management up to and including president level.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Solid understanding of Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure product offerings
- Infrastructure Fundamentals - i.e cloud networking, security, storage technologies (NAS & Object), IaaS compute, IP, DNS and so on Nice to Have but non-essential
- Scripting & Automation - i.e PowerShell/Python
- Prior experience with Azure Devops
- Experience with supporting users of oil and gas software.
Desired Soft Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively both down to field engineers / geoscientists / users of our software up to senior management level on technical issues.
- Excellent written analysis skills - specifically for documenting playbooks, developing root cause analysis reports, documenting stage gates in major incidents Schlumberger-Private.
- Excellent presentation skills - to deliver things like training, analysis and solutions to engineers, customers, management and display technical leadership throughout the organization.
- Must be able to take the initiative and challenge the status quo - the only way operations can continue to evolve and consistently provide reliable service is to not get stuck into a habit - especially if something can be done better / more efficiently / more securely etc.
- Customer Centricity - Everything we do has the customer in mind, from developing automation to reporting and prioritizing bugs & enhancements to handling global major incidents - our goal is to be the customers performance partner of choice and we need everyone to think customer first on every decision or action they take. Without customers, there is no DELFI.
SLB is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.