Where You Fit In
This geoscience position is focused on leveraging the data-rich environment in the US Gulf of Mexico (GOM) as well as new digital and data management tools across the organization to create breakthrough understanding in our GOM exploration plays.
What is the role
- This role reports to the GOM Regional and Growth Business Opportunity Manager
- The position sits in the Exploration Deepwater GOM organization but will work closely with Subsurface, Exploration Digitalization, Data Science, and Technical Data Management (TDM) colleagues
- The position sits on a team with Geotechs working closely with TDM to drive value out of our GOM data and promote data stewardship and accessibility
This role is focused on supporting GOM exploration goals with a data-intensive, data science, and/or digitalization component.
What we need from youRequirements:
- You'll support natural teams trialing and deploying innovative digital applications to solve subsurface and integrated challenges
- You will work with teams to generate and test hypotheses leveraging experimental design and data science best practices, matching data science solutions appropriately to science challenges
- You'll facilitate digital and data best practices and new tools among natural teams
- You'll work with Data Management colleagues to promote GOM data and documentation health to underpin data-driven projects
- You'll generate new ideas to better leverage data from multiple subsurface disciplines toward understanding of exploration plays and prospects
- You'll quickly learn and test new tools and workflows
- You should build strong familiarity with the GOM subsurface data landscape as well as key stakeholders in support of the above goals
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Master's Degree (or higher) in Geoscience
- At least 5+ years' related experience in exploration geoscience or related experience; data science, statistics, or coding experience is a plus
- Knowledge/skill in exploration geoscience workflows and data, as well as awareness of other related data types
- Knowledge of technical data management standards and subsurface data architecture
- Proven track record of working successfully with disparate and variable-quality datasets and in handling data uncertainty and data conditioning
- Experience with a range of geoscience tools (Petrel, Arc, seismic interpretation or processing software) and data analytics/visualization tools (Spotfire, PowerBI, R, SAS/JMP, or other statistical tools) and knowledge in at least one coding system (Python preferred)
- Experience in communicating with many stakeholders across organizational boundaries
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.