What is the role
The SPM (Shell Polymer Monaca) Plant will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene. The petrochemical complex will consist of a world-scale Ethane Cracker Unit (ECU), multiple polyethylene (PE) units, PE logistics and Utilities and General Facilities which includes cogeneration and hydrocarbon storage. As commissioning comes to a close, the site is now in position to ramp up to full operation.
The Site is located in the Pittsburgh, PA area (Monaca, PA). Not only have we built a world-class asset, but also, building a world-class asset organization. The Site has a combined Engineering and Maintenance Organization consisting of: Engineering, Maintenance, Projects, and Turnarounds. This position will work in the Engineering Department and report to the Managed Eq Care Mgr. This position is critical to the mission of site and promises to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
The Objectives of the combined Engineering and Maintenance Department include:
- High level of ownership and proactiveness to support achieving our Site's vision
- Raise the standard for Shell through Asset Management System (AMS) and Manage Equipment Care
- Process Safety - Keep it in the pipes
- Support the Production Promise by top quartile operational availability of our equipment
- Cost effective integrity and assurance plans while also driving scope and competitiveness
- Engineering in collaboration with Production and Technology will establish and prioritize maintenance & TA scope
- Enable growth and improvement through capital project delivery
The Reliability Engineer is a key position in supporting the integration between the Engineering, Maintenance and Production Teams. The successful candidate will support the Production Unit Manager in driving Production Team effectiveness in threat identification and mitigation in support of the "One Team" delivery model between the Asset and Commercial. This role acts as a focal point for key work processes ensuring success, including continuous improvement.
What we need from youRequirements:
- Assess the competency of the Production Team in the work processes under the responsibilities and apply specialized knowledge for continuous improvement
- Implement, align, sustain, and improve Asset Management System (AMS), primarily Manage Threat and Opportunities (MTO), Manage Equipment Care (MEC), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) across the Production Team
- Champion eq. studies to optimize equipment strategies and Sparing Philosophy
- Ensure the health of RCM, including championing the Living Program, Deferral Process and managing RCM backlog to a minimum
- Facilitate Production meeting and integrate MTO into daily activities, including supporting short-term threat as needed
- Support incident investigations, including leading medium complex investigations
- Support EOC (Emergency Operation Center) as need by the site
- Facilitate major outage scope identification and prioritization in support of the Business Plan, and in the event of an unplanned outage
- Support threat identification, risk assessment and progression of area treat mitigation(s)
- The role will also be key in developing enhanced data analytics, modelling, and application of new technologies.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis
- BS (or higher) in Business is preferred
- At least 5+ years' related experience
- Strong analytical ability and must be able to provide recommended "solutions" or action plans as a result of data analysis
- Attention to detail and organizational/time management skills
- Proven ability to analyze and manage high SKU counts/complexity
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Advanced in the following systems: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Ability to work with data from multiple sources, interpret the data, and turn into actionable conclusions
- Desire to work in a fast-moving, fun, engaging, and dynamic team environment
- Goal orientated and results driven
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines.
- Team/collaborative approach to decision making with excellent people skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.