Petroplan is actively recruiting for an LNG Marine Advisor on behalf of a US based LNG company. This Houston based, direct hire position will play a pivotal role in advancing the LNG marine operations and driving the company's exciting growth strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Naval Architecture, PE preferred.
- Master's degree in Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 20 years marine engineering experience in oil / gas or petrochemical industry with 10 years of LNG projects experience.
- Highly experienced working on major capital projects in all phases of execution
- Skilled in the application of relevant major design codes and standards (API, NFPA, etc.)
- Experience of project execution as it pertains to coastal and marine design practices, shipping and marine operations in the LNG industry
- Experience with sizing and lay out of marine terminal structures and facilities based on ship/shore interface requirements
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and codes applicable to LNG facilities and LNG shipping industry
- Familiar with the regulatory bodies USACE, USCG, SIGTTO, PIANC, ISO, etc.
- Experience with key equipment and structures involved in LNG liquefaction facilities
- Act as the owner's representative in the area of marine and coastal engineering.
- Ensure that marine and coastal facilities furnished by the EPC contractor meet project EPC Scope of Work and technical specifications.
- Ensure that the engineering, procurement and execution of the marine and coastal facilities results in a safe, operable and reliable plant
- Overall responsibility for the design, quality, technical content and integrity of marine and coastal facilities
- Evaluate marine equipment bid packages and provide technical support for all relevant design data, vendor data and operational information
- Evaluate requests for deviations or exemptions to the established codes, specifications and project standards
- Review and approve technical submissions by the Contractor
- Participate in drawing reviews, hazard reviews and plant model reviews
- Prepare technical reports related to specific design issues
- Provide leadership in addressing marine and coastal engineering design issues with considerations of cost, schedule, and quality
- Provide support during construction to ensure site technical queries, non-conformances, concession requests are properly resolved.
- Review and approve commissioning guidelines for marine equipment.
- Support Regulatory & Permitting group to ensure all marine permits meet project milestones
- Perform engineering planning and assessments of LNG marine facilities
- Conduct mooring and berthing evaluations with external consultants
- Review basic design, detailed engineering and procurement specifications of marine and coastal facilities
- Work with the EPC Contractor during specification, tender, selection, purchase, installation & commissioning of marine equipment to provide technical integrity assurance
- Microsoft Office software, document management systems and discipline specific software applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work successfully in cross functional teams.
- Comfortable making presentations to large groups
- Flexibility, specifically pertaining to changing priorities, workload and working hours as well as in office requirements
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.