- Monitors and records the production of gas, oil, and water from computer and meter readings.
- Performs regulatory inspections which involve tasks such as: testing safety devices high and low pressures; checking fluid levels in the separator, tank, and other parts of the vessel; inspecting wellheads for leaks and deficiencies, and recording data on required forms for computer input.
- Performs visual inspections by walking around facility and equipment to check for pollution, leaks, temperature variances, and mechanical problems; making appropriate repairs and adjustments.
- Inputs data from recorded levels and pressures in the computer for daily or periodic reporting.
- Performs minor mechanical and equipment repairs as required on items such as pumps and valves.
- Cleans equipment and work area to keep them free of oil, trash, and other debris or filth.
- Performs mandated inspections on safety and fire extinguishing equipment by checking the general condition and gauge pressures.
- Runs and pulls pigs according to an established schedule, inserting and removing the pig from the trap either by hand or using a hoist.
Responsible for making daily operational decisions of a somewhat complex nature